Cutting and slicing machine setters are responsible for ensuring machines used to slice products such as tobacco, roofing slate, food or insulating material remain in good working order. Operating and maintaining the machines are large parts of the job description.
Your professional cutting and slicing machine setter job description should indicate the importance of observation skills and time management skills for someone in this profession. A strong attention to detail is required to keep machines working at optimal levels.
Machine setters must also have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to make quick decisions to ensure production remains at profitable levels. They should be coordinated, service-oriented and have the ability to instruct others on proper machine use. To see what else you should include, examine the cutting and slicing machine setter job description template below.
Cutting and Slicing Machine Setter Job Summary
Are you the type of person who gets satisfaction out of noticing the tiniest details? Do you like to take action as soon as you see a problem? If you enjoy using your talents to keep your workspace organized and productive, we need you on our team. As a cutting and slicing machine setter, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that brings people the products they need when they need them. Using your experience and knowledge of the machinery provides you the satisfaction of solving problems and ensuring profits. You will work equally on your own and as part of a team as you develop your skills and continue on your career path.
- Operate the cutting and slicing machine by using the proper buttons, levers and depressing pedal according to markings or other specifications
- Observe the cutting and slicing machine while it is in operation to ensure the product is being fed through the machine correctly and that no foreign materials enter the machine and cause jamming
- Thread, push or otherwise guide stock into the cutting machine to ensure proper fit and rhythm
- Identify cutting lines on products and use a ruler, scribe or marking pencil to create guides
- Maintain cutting and slicing machine and its various conveyors, saws and blades by cleaning and lubricating it with a steam hose, brush, oil cans or scrapers
- Organize material for shipment by sorting the products according to size and separating them depending on whether they are ready for packaging, shipping or undergoing further processing
- Move unusable products and other scraps away from the work area by using a cart or hand truck to remove debris
- Record data about the type and amount of product, including length, width and weight
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand in one position for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more as needed
- Must be able to use hands to perform repetitive motions
- Some experience
Once you have created a well-written and engaging cutting and slicing machine setter job description, you must broadcast it to the right places to ensure qualified potential employees see it. Posting your job description in multiple places creates more opportunities for people to become interested and apply.
If your company has a website, create a career page that details the positions you need to fill, who your ideal candidate would be and how they can contact you. Social media posts and niche websites are other excellent places to post. Job boards are an excellent place to start your posts; however, they can take up valuable time. MightyRecruiter can post to free job boards on your behalf, allowing you to reach hundreds of applicants at the touch of a few buttons.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter