A data architect designs and builds relational databases to store and organize information. Some data architects may create conceptual and physical strategies for data acquisition, integration and analysis, and they may work closely with other IT experts to integrate new technologies into an infrastructure that supports required capabilities.
A thorough data architect job description should include the proper educational background, such as a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a similar field. Most data architect positions also require several years of experience as a database administrator or designer.
Data architects must have exceptional technical knowledge and creativity to develop strategic methods for working with data. Interpersonal skills are also important to communicate with end users and other IT personnel. Learn what else to include in your own job listing by reading through the data architect job description below.
Data Architect Job Summary
If you are ready to use your creativity and results-oriented critical thinking to meet complex challenges and develop new strategies for acquiring, analyzing, modeling and storing data, apply for our data architect opening. We are looking for someone to guide our company into the future and utilize the latest technology and information management methodologies to meet our requirements for effective logical data modeling, metadata management and database warehouse domains. You will be working with experts in a variety of industries, including computer science and software development, as well as department heads and senior executives to integrate new technologies and refine system performance. We reward dedicated performance with exceptional pay and benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement and career growth opportunities.
- Design relational databases to support business enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as customer-defined deliverables
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel, including system architects, software developers, database administrators, design analysts and information modeling experts to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and implementation timelines
- Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and Extract Transform Load environments
- Create and test physical data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency
- Support database administrators, network designers and IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data backup and recovery
- Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to managers and executives
- Research new technologies, data modeling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into company data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in data architecture, information management or similar field
- At least three years of data architecture experience
- Proficient with MongoDB, Hadoop and other database modeling and management tools
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills
- Professional certification, such as CSA or MCSE
There are two important pieces that make up a successful recruiting campaign: an attractive job listing and a strategic posting strategy. When you have completed your data architect job description, you must decide where to post it to attract the greatest number of qualified jobseekers. Most hiring managers feel it’s best to post in multiple online locations to increase visibility and reduce the time it takes to find and hire the right candidate.
There are several options for posting a job listing, including professional social networks, your company’s official website and online job boards. You may want to post to numerous free and paid job boards, but working through the posting requirements for each site can take a lot of time. You can increase efficiency by using MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter