The job description you write is the main advertising that will attract candidates. You have to make sure it is well-written and informative if you want to attract the top talent of your industry. A well-written description will make your job of hiring a new employee for your business much easier. It will help deter those underqualified while intriguing the qualified. In order to get these results, you have to be able to write a post that answers the questions of those looking for jobs. You have to talk about the position, the responsibilities, the requirements and the location. Use the following well-written Dental Laboratory Technician job description sample to help you write your own description.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Summary
You will be tasked with the fabrication and repair of dental appliances. You will have to follow the written directions of dentists and use dental impressions to properly complete your tasks. You will be an important part of the dental care team.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities
- Construct both partial and full dentures to replace partial or total loss of natural teeth
- Fabricate crowns and bridges to restore natural teeth
- Manufacture both fixed and removable appliances to help correct dental irregularities
- Fabricate prostheses that will fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone to help complete implant-related procedures
- Follow the dentist’s instructions and dental impressions to make prostheses, dental appliances and wax replicas as necessary
- Keep detailed records, forms, logs and reports to document actions
- Maintain supply inventories and keep equipment in operating conditions
- Study, evaluate and re-design processes to improve quality of care
- Stay up-to-date on dental laboratory technician knowledge by furthering education, reading professional publications, talking with peers and joining professional groups and forums
- Follow company policies to ensure proper discretion and procedures are used
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in Dental Technology or similar field
- 2-4 years of experience as a Dental Laboratory Technician
- Proven technical knowledge of dental procedures, prescriptions, equipment and molds
- Strong reading comprehension and critical thinking a must
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to conduct tests and inspect products for quality and performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills an advantage
- Ability to keep detailed records an advantage
Smile Keepers is a dedicated group of dentists, periodontists, orthodontists and other dental experts who work together to provide our patients with the best care possible. We have been serving the San Francisco area since 1991. Our mission is to help preserve, repair and improve the smiles of all of our patients. We are focused on customer service, clear communication and innovation.
- The Dental Laboratory Technician job description sample above is a great place for you to get ideas and tips for your own job description. However, if you really want your position explanation to stick out, you have to add unique elements that fit your company. Consider the following best practice tips as you create an engaging and informative description of your own.
- Always be specific. Include responsibilities, requirements and keywords that pertain to the position. You can work with current employees to make sure your information is as specific and accurate as possible.
- Be reader friendly. You can create a reader-friendly post by incorporating short paragraphs and bullet points.
- Use direct language. Use present tense action verbs to make your responsibilities and daily tasks as straightforward as possible.
- Make contact easy. If you clearly list the contact information, the potential applicants will have an easier time getting in touch with the right people.
- Discuss company culture. The culture of your company can help attract employees who like working in specific environments.
- Focus on coworkers. If possible, you should include information about who the future employee will have to report to and who will report to them.
- Include benefits. Sharing a salary rate and benefit information is a great way to make your job opening more competitive.
- Keep it short. While you want to have your description full of information, you also want to be sure to keep it concise.
- Use keywords. Keywords are important for two reasons. First, they help your post show up on search engines. Second, they make it clear what type of position you are trying to fill.
As you try to hire the top talent for your open position, use the Dental Laboratory Technician job description sample and the best practices listed above. Creating an informative, easy to read and straightforward post will help make your job of finding a new employee much easier.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities
Hiring managers know that the job description determines how successfully they can fill an opening, but it is important to also realize that the job responsibilities section is one of the most vital sections in the posting. If you are writing a dental laboratory technician job description, be sure the information regarding the responsibilities of the position is the meatiest part of the posting. If you write more than five, but fewer than nine bullet points, it will be an appealing length that is not too intimidating or shallow.
To format the dental laboratory technician job responsibilities, begin every bullet point with a strong action verb. See the list of examples of strong verb choices for this position specifically below. This is a good way to make it perfectly clear to readers what the company will expect of them if hired. Focus your entire dental laboratory technician job description around this information.
- Use standard dental equipment to form and mold material to meet specific requirements
- Create the most natural look possible and check with dental professionals to ensure it meets their needs
- Perform maintenance on equipment to prevent unnecessary wear and keep machinery working properly
- Inspect machinery for malfunctions prior to use to avoid damage, reporting any unusual abnormalities
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Specifications
The section in your dental laboratory technician job description that outlines the qualifications and specifications is most effective if it is brief. Despite this fact, however, do not assume this section is unimportant. The opposite is true, actually; the dental laboratory technician job specifications will determine how many candidates choose to apply. It should be your goal to avoid having to sort through many unqualified applications, as well as not receiving enough applications. If you write this section effectively, you will have several talented professionals to choose from.
One of the best ways to make this information support your dental laboratory technician job description better is to separate the qualifications into requirements and preferences. Education and working qualifications are usually mandatory requirements, while skills and behavioral attributes might fall under the category of preferences. Make sure you understand your company’s needs before attempting to write the job qualifications and skills section.
Review the following sample entries to better understand how to organize your qualifications. They include both requirements and preferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in dental technology or related field required, enrollment in master’s program preferred
- Must be fully certified to use standard dental equipment
- Good attention to small details and strong perception skills
- Excellent dexterity and precision working with your hands