A strong director of operations is essential for any company looking to succeed. These business professionals are in charge of making difficult decisions and creating and implementing policies that help the company meet its goals.
To find the right applicant, your director of operations job description needs to properly represent your business. It’s important that the leaders in your workplace set the tone for all employees, and clarifying the mission statement of your company within the job summary helps with that.
You should also use the skills section to ensure applicants have the appropriate training and background. Be clear about the necessary level of education and the preferred amount of experience. Use the director of operations job description template below as a guide to help when creating your own.
Director of Operations Job Summary
Do you have experience running a business? Are you looking for an exciting professional opportunity? If so, there’s an excellent job awaiting your application. We are a recruitment agency in need of a dedicated, knowledgeable and professional director to come lead our team and help our company grow. As a midsize firm with steady clientele, we need a director who can build off existing relationships and deliver clear, attainable goals for the future. All of our workers are driven, talented and have a “customers first” mindset, and that’s what we expect from our next director. You’ll be an important part of a young company that’s doing great work across multiple industries. Salary is negotiable based on experience and benchmark incentives are included.
- Offer guidance and direction to multiple managers and employees, ensuring that agency protocols are being adhered to and quotas are being met
- Identify processes that are ineffective and find realistic and immediate ways to improve those procedures
- Oversee interviews and train managers on how to identify and bring in the best possible candidates within various fields
- Eliminate excessive spending from budget without cutting costs for employee services, such as incentives, benefits and bonuses
- Set goals for employees and maintain an environment that motivates and inspires employees to always do their best work
- Become educated on all industry standards and codes to ensure our operations are in compliance with applicable laws and the organization is holding itself to the highest standards
- Set the tone for company culture by doing exemplary work and never passing along blame or responsibilities
- Assume additional duties as necessary and stay informed on the roles of all employees
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in business administration
- Minimum four years’ experience heading business operations
- Minimum two years’ financial management experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Two years working in business recruitment
- Availability for frequent business travel
- Strong public speaking skills
If you want to find an experienced director for your company, your director of operations job description has to be expertly crafted. What’s more, you need to be able to make sure this job listing is posted where the most qualified candidates will see it. Use whatever physical and digital resources are available to you so that you can really get the word out.
Using online job boards is a proven recruitment method, as long as you’re posting on the best sites. You can get a lot of exposure by using MightyRecruiter, a service that allows you to post jobs for free to hundreds of different job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter