When it comes to excavation, the importance of employing a dragline operator who has the requisite skills and mechanical knowledge cannot be overstated. The individual running the dragline has to ensure all the equipment is maintained and being used for the proper tasks.
When writing up a professional dragline operator job description, make sure you stress the importance of both physical fitness and technical knowledge. These workers have to endure a fair amount of physical exertion while also possessing an acute understanding of each apparatus used in excavating.
Because different machines have their own idiosyncrasies, the skills section of your listing should make mention of the specific equipment that your company employs. Explaining your procedures can help to weed out applicants who might not have the right training. Keep that in mind as you look over the dragline operator job description template below.
Dragline Operator Job Summary
We’re looking for an exceptional candidate to serve as our full-time dragline operator. The right person will join our hardworking team and be charged with operating a number of high-powered rigs. Our job site is always busy, so we need someone who has experience and a strong work ethic. Our professional crew is full of people who love their work and enjoy having an outdoor office. If you like working with your hands and executing a job to perfection, you’re just the person we’re looking for. We expect the most out of our employees, and in exchange you’ll receive competitive pay, full benefits and vacation time.
- Skillfully and carefully operate all levers, pedals and operating boards to maneuver the appropriate dragline attachments, such as shovels and loaders
- Thoroughly analyze digging plans to become familiar with the various stages of a project and the estimated timeline for completion
- Maintain equipment by cleaning, lubricating and repairing any damaged components before each workday begins
- Communicate with the foreman regularly to stay informed about any change in plan or procedure
- Transport materials to the appropriate location on the work site, making sure that all relocation is done in a way that complies with safety standards
- Survey the grounds at the start and finish of each day and note any change in ground conditions that could affect the dig
- Establish paths and routes for moving dragline and other equipment that will ensure safety for both the workers and the equipment being transported
- Learn operating procedures for multiple pieces of equipment and train other workers on those practices
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum two years’ experience operating dragline and/or loader
- Strong knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of materials science
- Strong communication skills
In order to bring in the right candidates, you need to create a professional dragline operator job description that will resonate with qualified workers. In addition to perfecting this job listing, you also need to make sure it’s reaching the right audience. Be very conscious of where and how you make your posting available, and use all of the digital and physical resources at your disposal.
If you really want to connect with the best people, you need to use the best online job boards. It isn’t always easy to know which options are most suited for your purpose, so you’ll want to cast a wide net. With MightyRecruiter, you can post jobs for free across hundreds of job boards and feel confident that your listing is being seen.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter