Electrical repairers are important professionals who work in the commercial, industrial, transportation or construction field. They are sometimes responsible for installing, creating or designing electrical equipment, but their primary responsibility is to go in after these tasks are already complete and test for mistakes or problems and repair them.
In order to be a successful electrical repairer, candidates must have extensive electrical engineering technical knowledge. In addition to this requirement, you should include strong communication and troubleshooting skill on your electrical and electronics repairer job description.
There are other minor attributes that you can include to narrow the applicants to only the most talented electrical engineers. These will depend on exactly what you are looking for but may include excellent perception, physical strength, stamina, critical thinking or analysis. The following electrical and electronics repairer job description template shows some of the best ways to include these requirements.
Electrical and Electronics Repairer Job Summary
We are seeking an electrical and electronics repairer to join our dynamic team of electrical engineers. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring the correct installation and operation of electrical equipment. The position will occasionally offer opportunities to fulfill installation and design duties as well. You must be technically inclined, with experience working with electrical components and hold an electrical engineering degree. We are looking for an engineer with excellent communication and collaboration abilities. If you are a critical thinker with evaluation and analysis skills, join our dedicated team of electrical engineers and make a difference in the commercial and industrial fields.
- Test all electrical installation to determine whether they function properly and safely with no posed danger to clients
- Maintain working knowledge of mandated safety policies and requirements as they are updated and changed in order to meet these requirements with all construction jobs
- Study blueprints to determine potential areas that may cause problems, making recommendations before construction begins for how to avoid issues
- Record information about electrical problems and their completed or planned resolutions
- Set up and calibrate testing equipment to guarantee all tests are accurate and there is no margin for error
- Explain correct electrical operation to clients to ensure they can safely use the equipment once construction is complete and relay information to other engineers
- Assist in construction duties when repairing duties are complete and the construction crew needs guidance from electrical engineers
- Create and design electrical blueprints occasionally or assist electrical designers with the creation of such blueprints
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Minimum of three years experience working with electronics as an installer or repairer
- Master’s degree in field that incorporates technical electronics
- Experience with CAD software
Electrical and Electronics Repairer Job Responsibilities
The job responsibilities section is the most significant part of your job description. The accuracy and quality of your electrical and electronics repairer job description document can make a discernable difference in applicant suitability. You need to clearly state the electrical and electronics repairer job responsibilities in depth as well as in an easy-to-read format so that qualified professionals are more likely to apply.
Hiring managers have found that well-crafted job descriptions lead to lower worker recruitment costs. When a jobseeker can find a position that is a great fit for their abilities and goals, they tend to stay longer at the job as well.
When writing an electrical and electronics repairer job description, fully research the position and consult with others regarding the requirements of the job. Read similar job descriptions to get the feel of how the competition formats their job listings. Put it in bullet format, and start each bullet point with a strong action verb. Here are some examples of standard job responsibilities for an electrical and electronics repairer position.
- Respond to client requests to fix equipment, performing diagnostic protocols both in-person and telephonically
- Repair equipment in accordance with established guidelines and fully document actions taken
- Assemble, test and adjust a wide variety of electrical devices and systems, including microwave and telecom equipment
- Troubleshoot system issues with other team members and make recommendations for preventative maintenance of equipment
- Coordinate repairs with the IT department as necessary, working in concert with support professionals
Electrical and Electronics Repairer Job Specifications
In order to organize this part of the electrical and electronics repairer job description properly, it is important to organize required and desired job specifications separately in the job qualifications and skills section. That way, there will be no confusion about who is a qualified candidate for the position. In addition, make sure the most important electrical and electronics repairer job specifications are at the top of each list. Focus on qualifications that are central to the position, such as education, experience, abilities and additional training. Use bullet points to make your phrases easy to read, and include at least six but no more than eight points in each section.
Your job description will benefit overall when you write the qualifications and skills in a clear and brief manner. Make sure you also include keywords for your position in the job specifications as well to boost your electrical and electronics repairer job description in online search results. Here are some sample electrical and electronics repairer job specifications.
- One year experience in electronics repair or equivalent training program
- Able to distinguish the colors red, blue, green and yellow
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule with overtime
- Ability to read hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams preferred