Electrical repairers are important professionals who work in the commercial, industrial, transportation or construction field. They are sometimes responsible for installing, creating or designing electrical equipment, but their primary responsibility is to go in after these tasks are already complete and test for mistakes or problems and repair them.
In order to be a successful electrical repairer, candidates must have extensive electrical engineering technical knowledge. In addition to this requirement, you should include strong communication and troubleshooting skill on your electrical and electronics repairer job description.
There are other minor attributes that you can include to narrow the applicants to only the most talented electrical engineers. These will depend on exactly what you are looking for but may include excellent perception, physical strength, stamina, critical thinking or analysis. The following electrical and electronics repairer job description template shows some of the best ways to include these requirements.
Electrical and Electronics Repairer Job Summary
We are seeking an electrical and electronics repairer to join our dynamic team of electrical engineers. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring the correct installation and operation of electrical equipment. The position will occasionally offer opportunities to fulfill installation and design duties as well. You must be technically inclined, with experience working with electrical components and hold an electrical engineering degree. We are looking for an engineer with excellent communication and collaboration abilities. If you are a critical thinker with evaluation and analysis skills, join our dedicated team of electrical engineers and make a difference in the commercial and industrial fields.
- Test all electrical installation to determine whether they function properly and safely with no posed danger to clients
- Maintain working knowledge of mandated safety policies and requirements as they are updated and changed in order to meet these requirements with all construction jobs
- Study blueprints to determine potential areas that may cause problems, making recommendations before construction begins for how to avoid issues
- Record information about electrical problems and their completed or planned resolutions
- Set up and calibrate testing equipment to guarantee all tests are accurate and there is no margin for error
- Explain correct electrical operation to clients to ensure they can safely use the equipment once construction is complete and relay information to other engineers
- Assist in construction duties when repairing duties are complete and the construction crew needs guidance from electrical engineers
- Create and design electrical blueprints occasionally or assist electrical designers with the creation of such blueprints
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Minimum of three years experience working with electronics as an installer or repairer
- Master’s degree in field that incorporates technical electronics
- Experience with CAD software
Writing an electrical and electronics repairer job description is only the first step toward finding capable and professional electrical engineers. Next, you must post your job description in a location where as many job seekers as possible will see it. For the best results, consider advertising your job opening on multiple online job boards. Other common options include using a career section on a company website or social media. Neither of these options provides the same level of targeted and widespread exposure to professionals searching for the exact kind of job you are offering that job boards do.
If you want to make the most of posting your job opening online, turn to MightyRecruiter. Our posting tools make it possible to put your electrical engineer job description on hundreds of popular online job boards simultaneously. Take advantage of our talent seeking expertise to post your job description for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter