Attracting top candidates by writing a precisely defined job description is a vital component of the recruiting puzzle and also one that can help you avoid the overwhelming influx of applications from unqualified applicants. Job seekers taking the time to glance through a well-written posting can quickly determine if they are an ideal fit for the position. Below is an Electrical Engineer sample job description to provide guidance and help you create a standout posting.
Electrical Engineer Job Summary
As an electrical engineer, your role in the organization entails drafting, refining, and regulating electrical control operations. You will also maintain essential equipment and components, focusing on sustainability, perfection, unity, safety, and resources. By working on a variety of diverse plans from inception with only a detailed description of the project, you will be tasked with ensuring its achievement, interpretation, and distribution. Optimum skills include project management and technical expertise in addition to multitasking capabilities. Awareness of industry needs and the global economy is beneficial to success in the role. Additionally, working with teams and emerging as a leader is among one of the natural progressions of the position.
Electrical Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Aids in the evaluation and endorsement of objectives and goals of contractor plans, including staffing and budgeting, milestone descriptions, risk management strategies, detailed schedules and scope descriptions, and work breakdown structures
- Organizes and conducts field management surveillance, audits, and assessments
- Offers technical guidance by acting as the business liaison to draft senior management briefs
- Assists in resolving issues unique to the project or program
- Plans and analyzes electronic engineering commodities
- Creates test procedures and production assembly documents
- Participates in team projects and related activities relative to new product development
- Provides technical support to marketing and sales teams to create detailed proposals and bids
- Conducts energy inspections and suggests alternative energy sources
- Supports the organization in improving profitability by making necessary recommendations and controlling resources
- Assigns technical staff for 24-hour maintenance coverage
Electrical Engineer Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience with electronic circuit technology design and assembly processes
- Background in electrical power applications
- Experience in design, repair, and analysis of electronic systems
- Exposure to electrical engineering design principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of CAD software
- ProE or AutoCAD preferred
AGH is an electrical engineering firm that has been steadily raising the standard for sustainability in the building industry. We utilize an industry-leading training program along with open and active strategies for unique project planning to offer perspective and input for each of our clients regarding their social, economic, and environmental goals. We integrate detailed electronic designs and test products and equipment to ensure accuracy and superiority of our craftsmanship. The work environment in our national offices promotes inventive, problem-solving ideology and the partition of ideas through the support of continuing education, use of emerging technologies, a dedication to work-life balance, and an open office culture.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- While the above Electrical Engineer sample job description is beneficial, you may not always be able to find help writing a posting for a position you want to fill. Starting with some general and practical do’s and don’ts we have listed below will ensure that what you produce is not only an accurate posting, but a group of applicants that are well-qualified for the job.
- Do focus on using informal and friendly wording to attract a range of job seekers.
- Don’t indicate a preference for age, gender, or race.
- Do emphasize your company goals and mission statement to entice potential candidates to apply for the job.
- Do list responsibilities in order of significance.
- Don’t use descriptions that could construe a promise of a job.
- Do add percentages of time each duty comprises to give applicants a daily snapshot of the job.
- Do mention that you are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Do list salary ranges and benefits information if you believe it will help weed out uninterested job seekers.
The Electrical Engineer sample job description is helpful when you need to write a posting to attract the top individuals and move them to apply for your opening. Learning how to craft a clearly defined position description will save you hours of time in the long term when you easily find the best person to fill the role.