To attract and recruit the best candidates in the field, you have to start by drafting a detailed and clear position description. It will help you avoid the nightmare of receiving and reviewing countless applications from individuals who are not sure what the job actually entails. Thinking through the job posting and crafting one that is specific to the opening will, by nature, sort out the less qualified job seekers or those who are not genuinely interested in the role. We have included an Electrical Engineering Manager sample job description below to assist you with writing a standout job description.
Electrical Engineering Manager Job Summary
As an electrical engineering manager, you will be tasked with supervising all team members to create an energetic and positive work environment. By taking a hands-on approach to the job, you can ensure that verification and electrical engineering design methodologies support product and safety requirements and that development processes fall within established timelines. This will allow you to leverage others in the firm to meet and exceed department goals to ensure future success and growth in the industry.
Electrical Engineering Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides electrical engineering recommendations and technical support on electrical engineering reviews, strategic plans, and projects
- Assists with allocation, budgeting, resource planning, and scheduling
- Manages unit and development cost estimations and helps determine affordable and reliable material sources
- Ensures on-time product development by collaborating with other leaders to estimate reasonable and precise schedules and solve problems quickly
- Streamlines production while meeting compliance and safety guidelines
- Creates production, quality validation, and evaluation requirements and tests and troubleshoots production dilemmas
- Establishes technical standards in reviews, documentations, and designs
- Manages engineering teams and other electrical engineering staff members
Electrical Engineering Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Master of Science preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience as the lead engineer for corporate commercial projects
- Professional Engineer license
- Previous electrical engineering management experience
- LEED accreditation preferred
- General knowledge of CADD and BIM (Revit)
- Experience with SKM Powertools for electrical studies, fault calculations, one-line diagrams, and panel schedules
- Extensive knowledge of state and national codes and their applications
- Editing expertise of master electrical specifications
Hill and Cherry Partners provides electrical engineering consulting and design solutions for the building environment to enable the success of both national and international clients. For over half a century, we have placed our focus on sustainability and enhancing the quality of living within our global communities. Our highly-specialized, industry-leading professionals are leading the way in innovative electrical engineering technologies across our multidisciplinary international organization. We consistently rank among the top electrical engineering corporations in the nation.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- While the above is a good Electrical Engineering Manager sample job description, you might have positions you need to fill that are newly created or for which you cannot locate an example. Following are a few best practices to help you during those occasions, because the most important thing to remember is that a clear job description helps job seekers decide if they are a good fit for the position.
- Do script the job description in an informal, friendly tone to make it more enticing to job seekers.
- Don’t allude toward hiring only a particular age group, gender, or race.
- Do showcase the corporate culture to help potential candidates align with your mission.
- Do list the major duties required of the position on a daily basis.
- Don’t use wording that could be interpreted as an offer of a job.
- Do clearly detail minimum qualifications and expertise for success in the role.
- Do have a section stating you are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Do mention salary ranges and benefits offered to help job seekers make a decision to apply for the job.
- Don’t inflate the essential responsibilities for job growth or personal development at the company.
The Electrical Engineering Manager sample job description is an ideal template to help you start writing a posting that will attract the most sought-after talent in the industry. It is also a beneficial approach for prompting them to follow through and send in their resume. It may take a little more time in the beginning to write a clear and precise job description, but you’ll be glad you did when you have your choice of top candidates to hire.