An electrical equipment assembler job description represents the modern-day assembly line. Workers take electronic parts and assemble them into final products. They use their hands and specialized machinery and tools to put together control panels and electronic devices. They then perform quality control checks upon completion.
Those working in this field must have a high school diploma or an equivalent GED. Workers must use computers and possess basic math skills. Workers should know how to operate programmable motion control devices and read blueprints and schematics.
Assemblers must distinguish between color-coded materials. Excellent manual dexterity and fine motor skills, physical strength for lifting, and stamina to stand and perform repetitive work for extended durations is also necessary. Gain better insight on how to write an effective electrical equipment assembler job description by reviewing the example below.
Electrical Equipment Assembler Job Summary
If you love to tinker, this is the perfect job for you. We are looking for an electrical equipment assembler who isn’t afraid to get his or her hands into the heart of our equipment. You will be the person who brings life to our engineered designs. Without proper assembly, our electronics will never function. It will be your ability to read schematics, select the appropriate components and wire them into the assemblies using hand tools that will make the difference. You are the mad scientist who breathes life into our creations, and, yes, we will provide on-the-job training for the right candidate.
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine materials required for control panel and/or electrical equipment assembly on a daily basis
- Locate positions for all electrical apparatus, including brackets, cables, switches and wiring, per the engineering schematics, and mark their location on control panels and/or electrical equipment daily
- Use marks as a guide and drill or tap holes per quality control standards for electrical apparatus on control panels and/or electrical equipment daily
- Fabricate electrical apparatus per specifications and quality control standards using calipers, cutters, drills or saws daily
- Mount fabricated electrical apparatus to the control panels and/or equipment per specifications and quality control standards daily
- Test control panels and/or equipment upon completion to ensure they are fully functional daily
- Troubleshoot control panels and/or equipment if not operating as per engineering schematics daily
- Make necessary adjustments to electronic apparatus and test equipment again to ensure the issue has been repaired daily
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to sit, stand and tolerate repetitive movement and distracting noise levels
- Ability to use adjustable pliers and wrenches, digital calipers and wire cutting tools
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- One year of electrical equipment assembly experience
- Experience using National Instruments LabVIEW, SAP and Sage 100 ERP
Writing an engaging and detailed electrical equipment assembler job description is your first step in securing a candidate pool swimming with more qualified applicants than you imagined. If the right people don’t see your posting, however, your pool will remain empty or fill up with the wrong applicants. Don’t let this happen to you. Utilize the proper tools to saturate your market.
Place your posting on job boards, especially the technical ones, but also tap into the power of social media and job forums. Get your finger on the pulse of what people are saying about the electrical equipment assembly job market and chime in to direct people to your posting. Don’t forget to take advantage of opportunities to post to free job boards by leveraging the power of MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter