An electrical power-line installer works with high-voltage electricity in order to install and maintain power-line networks. These networks make up the power grid which distributes electricity from a power plant to consumers. Often, electrical power-line installers travel throughout a regional area to build and repair transmission lines and their towers, leaving the lower-voltage work to local utility company staff.
When you write your electrical power-line installer job description you will want to include the need for physical strength and endurance in this position as installers often climb up electrical poles and use heavy equipment for hours at a time.
Technical knowledge and proper handling of high-voltage electricity should be emphasized in the job description because it is one of the most important responsibilities of the job. Check out this electrical power-line installer job description to see how both skills and responsibilities are noted.
Electrical Power-Line Installer Job Summary
Harness and direct the enormous power of the electrical grid as an electrical power-line installer for Essential Energy. Electricity powers everyone’s life in some way, from residential lighting to mobile technology devices. Electrical power-line installers build, maintain and test electrical power grid systems in full while fully observing operational protocols and safety regulations. The sheer power of high-voltage electricity makes this a position where your technological skills and high standards of safety are called upon for working with power from 10,000 to 300,000 volts of electricity. Ensure that whole cities and regions have the optimum electrical routing infrastructure to meet their needs. Apply for the electrical power-line installer position today.
- Install, repair, and test electrical power lines and electrical towers to ensure the optimal delivery of electricity to homes and businesses
- Climb transmission towers and poles in order to view and repair all electrical equipment and lines, at times using a truck mounted cherry picker for best access
- Inspect electrical power lines for damage and defects and devise repair plans for several work teams to carry out
- Generate detailed diagrams of wiring and electrical installations and be able to read diagrams in order to build and install control panels and circuits
- Build out systems such as transformers, transducers, distribution boxes and conduit systems by accurately measuring, cutting, feeding and splicing wires
- Operate heavy power machinery on electrical equipment at high elevations while following all safety procedures and drive company vehicles to transport staff and equipment to job sites
- Communicate well with fellow team members, supervisors and the general public while performing other job duties
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of high voltage best practices and safety
- Physical strength and endurance to stand and climb throughout work shift
- Normal color vision is also a necessity because of the need to discriminate between color-coded wires during installation
- Excellent communicator dedicated to teamwork
- Experience in high voltage utility repair
As an employer, the need to attract suitable candidates never ends. It becomes especially crucial when you have an open position that needs to be filled in order for work teams to be fully staffed.
Now that you have written an attractive electrical power-line installer job description, you need to make sure that qualified individuals see it. The problem is that there are so many different online platforms to advertise job openings, it is likely your position will get seen by only a few prospects on any one job board. In order to post jobs for free on hundreds of job boards at once, use MightyRecruiter to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter