Electromechanical equipment assemblers build and modify devices that are electromechanical in nature, such as various appliances, magnetic drums, brakes, tape drives, actuators and dynamometers. In the process of assembling, they need to understand and utilize electromechanical blueprints. Electromechanical equipment assemblers also diagnose problems with and fix malfunctioning machines.
When you write your own electromechanical equipment assembler job description, remember to note that assemblers need excellent communication skills in order to work effectively in a team environment. Assemblers will also need to communicate with customers about their products. Physical abilities such as correct color vision and the endurance to stand and lift throughout a shift are necessary as well.
Training or experience in the use of word processing and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software is also an essential part of the job. Take a look at this electromechanical equipment assembler job description for ideas of how to write your own job description.
Electromechanical Equipment Assembler Job Summary
If you are an electromechanical equipment assembler who enjoys troubleshooting component problems and are looking for a supportive employer to work for, check out our open electromechanical equipment assembler position at Ascent Machinery. While the position focuses mainly on assembly jobs, our assembler team also tackles problems customers have with their equipment by repairing and maintaining machines. You will work in a team that stays busy building components, fixing issues and interacting with customers. We offer an exceptional benefits package that includes reimbursement for information technology training and college courses. Truly grow in your profession by flexing your critical thinking muscles with us!
- Understand how to use electromechanical blueprints in order to properly build machines or sub-assemblies that meet and exceed customer expectations
- Assemble electromechanical components and machines to customer specifications using power and hand tools, including drill presses and power drills, either independently or as part of an assembly team, conducting quality assurance tests periodically to gauge product quality
- Test components and machines for proper function, adjusting settings and cleaning the assembly as necessary
- Occasionally work overtime in order to meet customer demand and deadlines
- Use computer software programs in order to plan component builds, communicate with customers and document procedures and progress
- Use professional verbal and written communication with customers and other team members
- Disassemble, insulate and crate machines in preparation for shipment to customers
- Properly measure raw materials to be made into components, utilizing calipers and micrometers
- Operate automated equipment including robotics applications, monitoring all gauges and indicators to ensure proper operation
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED with at least of two years manufacturing experience
- Correct color vision, able to lift up to 40 pounds with a full range of arm motion in order to handle machinery and components
- Willing to comply with OSHA regulations and company safety rules
- Experience working with ERP software
- Ability to drive a forklift
Now that you have written your electromechanical equipment assembler job description that reflects your expectations for the position and what your company has to offer, it is time to post your position online. As the internet has grown, so has the number of options of where to post your position.
Venues to post your job description include niche job boards tailored to the manufacturing industry, and general job boards that have a high amount of viewing traffic. To get your posting in front of as many qualified prospective applicants as possible, you need to post to both types of boards. You can post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at a time by using MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter