An electronic home entertainment equipment installer is an expert in the setup and configuration of stereo and video display systems. Such professionals’ involvement tends to begin after a buyer has purchased components from a retailer, and may require running wires, mounting screens and speakers, testing equipment and helping the owner become familiar with how the system works.
You may consider alluding to the need for physical strength and stamina in your electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description. Because the work takes place in private homes, it’s important that technicians are cordial and have tidy habits.
Some components require a significant amount of skill and effort to get them to function property, so look for candidates who are good problem-solvers. While you think about what to write, use our electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description as a model for how to organize your listing.
Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installer Job Summary
Do you often find yourself helping friends and relatives set up their TVs and surround sound systems? Would you like to get paid for doing the same basic work? We are looking to add a new electronic home entertainment equipment installer to our team. Our people work throughout the metropolitan area to configure and tune home theatre systems. You’ll work with state-of-the art components, mastering their every feature. For your first few weeks on the job, we’ll put you together with one of our experienced technicians. Each evening proceeding a work day, our dispatch team provides schedules for the following day. You may be given opportunities to work extra hours at an increased pay rate. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
- Use screwdrivers, power drills, crimpers, soldering guns and other tools to mount and connect speakers, amplifiers, televisions, security cameras, routers, computers and other devices
- Operate a minivan or pickup truck safely during all seasons, assuring that ladders, toolboxes and consumer products are secure during transit and while parked
- Review installation plans and key pages of product manuals to determine how equipment should be set up before arriving to client sites
- Configure and test equipment until it is functioning properly
- Maintain a tidy and hazard-free work area at all times
- Walk homeowners through how their systems work and allow them to experiment for a few minutes while offering assistance
- Verify with the client that the installation was performed satisfactorily, answering any final questions and referring homeowners to the sales department if they show interest in making additional purchases
- Return to sites to troubleshoot problems, replace components and provide technical support to clients under warranty
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Mastery of home audio/video component installation and configuration
- Accurate comprehension of wiring and interconnect diagrams
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- State driver’s license and clean driving record
- CEDIA certification
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installer Job Responsibilities
One of the most extensive portions of an electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description is the job responsibilities section. This section outlines the core functions a qualified installer will perform and can help applicants decide whether they are a good fit for the position. Try to capture the distinguishing traits of this role in a structured list that is both thorough and easy for applicants to skim.
Come up with around 6-8 particular responsibilities and describe one per point. Make sure that each statement addresses a specific task or set of duties. One way to do this is to start each item with an action verb. Candidates should be able to approach this section of an electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description like a checklist and determine how many of the responsibilities listed they feel confident they can perform on a regular basis.
Start by reviewing the following electronic home entertainment equipment installer job responsibilities:
- Install audio systems and components, television sets and receivers, projectors and home theaters
- Read and comprehend diagrams and manuals to ensure a smooth installation process
- Use hand and power tools to mount equipment or adjust surroundings for customized arrangements and settings
- Calibrate and test devices to satisfy client expectations and requests
Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installer Job Specifications
A number of skills are necessary for the successful installation of customized entertainment devices and services. An electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description should include a comprehensive list of those proficiencies so that you make the training and abilities that this position requires absolutely clear to jobseekers.
Use bullet points to organize the job qualifications and skills section. Describe specific criteria a competitive candidate should meet and demonstrate the role with every point. It may be helpful to discuss the requirements with supervisors or managers who have a clear sense of a successful installer’s background. They can add valuable input in identifying the qualities that set applicants apart.
Prioritize the most essential requirements before mentioning optional skills that simply increase a candidate’s chances for success. In other words, present any desirable qualifications that are not absolutely necessary only after discussing the fundamentals in your electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description.
See the broad examples of electronic home entertainment equipment installer job specifications below for ideas about what you may want to include:
- Post-secondary certificate or other specialized training
- Experience installing electronic home equipment to meet client specifications
- Time-management skills for scheduling and keeping appointments
- Verbal communication abilities and willingness to follow instructions