An electronic home entertainment equipment installer is an expert in the setup and configuration of stereo and video display systems. Such professionals’ involvement tends to begin after a buyer has purchased components from a retailer, and may require running wires, mounting screens and speakers, testing equipment and helping the owner become familiar with how the system works.
You may consider alluding to the need for physical strength and stamina in your electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description. Because the work takes place in private homes, it’s important that technicians are cordial and have tidy habits.
Some components require a significant amount of skill and effort to get them to function property, so look for candidates who are good problem-solvers. While you think about what to write, use our electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description as a model for how to organize your listing.
Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installer Job Summary
Do you often find yourself helping friends and relatives set up their TVs and surround sound systems? Would you like to get paid for doing the same basic work? We are looking to add a new electronic home entertainment equipment installer to our team. Our people work throughout the metropolitan area to configure and tune home theatre systems. You’ll work with state-of-the art components, mastering their every feature. For your first few weeks on the job, we’ll put you together with one of our experienced technicians. Each evening proceeding a work day, our dispatch team provides schedules for the following day. You may be given opportunities to work extra hours at an increased pay rate. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
- Use screwdrivers, power drills, crimpers, soldering guns and other tools to mount and connect speakers, amplifiers, televisions, security cameras, routers, computers and other devices
- Operate a minivan or pickup truck safely during all seasons, assuring that ladders, toolboxes and consumer products are secure during transit and while parked
- Review installation plans and key pages of product manuals to determine how equipment should be set up before arriving to client sites
- Configure and test equipment until it is functioning properly
- Maintain a tidy and hazard-free work area at all times
- Walk homeowners through how their systems work and allow them to experiment for a few minutes while offering assistance
- Verify with the client that the installation was performed satisfactorily, answering any final questions and referring homeowners to the sales department if they show interest in making additional purchases
- Return to sites to troubleshoot problems, replace components and provide technical support to clients under warranty
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Mastery of home audio/video component installation and configuration
- Accurate comprehension of wiring and interconnect diagrams
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- State driver’s license and clean driving record
- CEDIA certification
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
Once your electronic home entertainment equipment installer job description is ready to publish, you can move onto the important step of developing a successful post strategy. Reaching the right candidates is not always as simple as it seems, as applicants use as many as 17.7 different channels to search for a job.
An integrated approach, placing your posting on multiple online and offline channels, ensures you reach the best available talent, which may be found among those actively seeking work and those who are not. To get maximum exposure for your job description, try using MightyRecruiter, which offers free job postings to hundreds of boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter