Electronics engineering technicians often assist engineers with building, testing and repairing prototypes of products for the aerospace, medical and industrial sectors. They may draft schematic diagrams and contribute to technical manuals produced for end users.
Your electronics engineering technician job description should be clear about all of the technical abilities a candidate needs to be a successful fit. You want to attract applicants, however, not just with knowledge in theoretical subjects such as math and physics, but also in practical topics such as circuitry, microprocessors, instrumentation and programming.
Mechanical and observational skills are important for the hands-on tasks that technicians carry out. Keep your eyes out for persons who possess good problem-solving abilities and who collaborate well with others. Consult the electronics engineering technician job description for an example of how you can express organizational needs in the most effective way.
Electronics Engineering Technician Job Summary
Do you dream in 1’s and 0’s? Do you love to dig into the nuts and bolts of how things function at their core? We have an opening for an adept electronics engineering technician to join our team. You’ll be working with our experienced engineers on improving existing products as well as developing new ones. Your time will be split between a laboratory, office and production floor. You’ll have the satisfaction of seeing your efforts benefiting others as you observe how our solutions are implemented to accomplish incredible feats around the world. If this sounds like the right position for you, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
- Read, interpret and explain 2D and 3D CAD models and specifications relating to electronic components and assemblies
- Use software, sketches and written instructions to create accurate schematic drawings and wiring diagrams under the supervision of an engineer
- Pull parts from stock, participate in regular inventory audits and assemble prototypes of designs under consideration
- Identify problems and potential issues with designs and alpha builds, and propose solutions by applying knowledge, modeling software and test equipment to the task
- Document known issues for internal use, participate in meetings to discuss defect resolution and contribute detailed, easy-to-follow articles to the public-facing technical support library
- Assist the automation team with manufacturing process development and improvement
- Work with the marketing and R&D departments on competitive analysis, budget report preparation and labor/material cost forecasting
- Keep up with industry trends by learning to use new software and tools, traveling to conferences and enrolling in continuing education courses
Job Skills & Qualifications
While you work up your own electronics engineering technician job description, keep in mind the fact that candidates use an average of 17 different channels to search for a job. Your best chance of attracting a stellar hire comes, therefore, not just from a great post, but also from getting it in front of the right people.
Besides getting your ad listed on job search websites, get the word out by using social media and any other company communication tools. MightyRecruiter understands the challenges of reaching a large talent community, and therefore provides a portal to post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter