Engine assemblers manufacture finished products and the parts used for them. They use machines, tools and their own hands to build engines, aircraft, computers, ships, toys, boats, control panels, electronic devices and other items. Assemblers work with advanced technologies to manufacture goods.
In the skills section of the engine assembler job description, mention that the best candidates should have a high school diploma. More technical roles require an associate degree or advanced specialized training. Assemblers should have physical strength and stamina, good manual dexterity and strong math, mechanical and technical skills.
Engine assemblers should have excellent communication skills because of the frequent face-to-face contact with fellow team members, vendors and clients. They need to be able to work independently and make decisions without supervision. Check out the engine assembler job description below for a better idea of what include in your job posting.
Engine Assembler Job Summary
Are you fascinated by manufacturing? Do you like putting things together? We are looking for an engine assembler who can work with his or her hands, using tools, machines and the latest technologies to assemble a variety of products. You’ll be reading and understanding our blueprints and schematics to put parts together and conduct quality control checks. You will also have the chance to work with our engineers and designers in developing our products to help make them more reliable and the manufacturing process more efficient. We offer growing possibilities for advancement and career development. Join our team and receive exceptional training, competitive pay and benefits.
- Read and interpret specifications manuals or assembly blueprints and schematics to plan building or assembly operations
- Verify functioning, conformance to customer specification and machine capabilities by conducting quality control checks that entail inspecting, operating and testing completed products
- Align or position components needed for assembly, either by manual placement or by using hoists
- Use measuring instruments, such as gauges, calipers or micrometers, to verify conformance of parts to blueprints or stock lists, and adjust parts by trimming, shimming or cutting with hand or power tools to fit the components together
- Install or fasten fixture, piping or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies, using hand tools, rivet guns or welding equipment
- Use power tools or hand tools to smooth surfaces and remove rough spots from parts
- Lay out parts for assembly and drill, tap, ream or cut them as needed
- Repair, rework or replace any damaged parts or assemblies
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Comfortable using tools such as adjustable wrenches, claw hammers, calipers, power drills and rubber mallets
- Familiar with technology, including spreadsheet and word processing software, using databases and computer aided design and drafting applications
- Strong communication and interaction skills
- Associate degree or specialized training
To invite the most appropriate candidates, it is essential to write an appealing engine assembler job description. A persuasive job posting should be findable on a variety of communications platforms, including websites and social media. It’s important to do what you can to push the job listing on available resources.
Make sure to post the job description externally through online job boards and internally on your company’s webpage, social media feeds or employee referral programs. Spending your days posting to individual job boards can be a monotonous task, so post jobs for free with MightyRecruiter and reach hundreds of job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter