Hiring managers tasked with recruiting the very best should put more of their effort into a great job posting. For a top engineer job description, here are some things to know. Engineers head the design and building process of major physical structures. They use computer engineering software to manage an entire project from start to finish.
The basic qualification for an engineer is a college degree in the subject. Some organizations require even further education with a more advanced degree. Experience in the field is another must-have along with a professional engineer license.
Ideally, a qualified engineer should have top-level math skills and a unique ability to solve complex problems. Since engineers are often supervising others, leadership skills are a must as well. See how to write your own job posting by taking a look at this engineer job description template presented below.
Engineer Job Summary
Looking for a way to make your mark on the creation of our state’s roads and highways? If so, we are interested in telling you more about this exciting opportunity to join the state transportation department as an engineer. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record of heading large scale building projects successfully. As an engineer, it will be your duty to work with your team from the design process through building completion and to improve the way the state’s roads are built, drained and maintained. If you want to enhance our area’s network of highways and roads, this may be your perfect chance.
- Visit physical locations where projects are currently underway to monitor task completion and ensure the goals are being met
- Supervise the scope of a large scale construction project and assess each worker’s contribution to the building or maintenance stage
- Collaborate with the project management team of a build to offer assistance with technical details for the design or building process
- Calculate the supply details for building materials and the labor requirements and determine the cost of everything to see if it falls within the budget of the project
- Survey building sites to determine ideal layouts for construction, identify elevations and grades and find reference points for each project
- Research potential environmental risks and impacts from the scope of the project and develop a plan to address concerns
- Write detailed summaries of project timelines, environmental impact reports, requests for proposals and other other written statements for the public
- Maintain optimal standards during project management that follow all relevant federal, state, local and industry guidelines
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- State professional engineer license
- Three or more years of experience working as an engineer
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other engineering design programs
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Background in infrastructure management, road and highway design
Your engineer job description needs to summarize all of the essentials your company is looking for in a candidate. It also needs to effectively sell the position to the most talented pool of high-level engineers looking for new opportunities.
The next thing to focus on is how you’ll share your job posting with the world. Those in the engineering field may already be looking for job opportunities on industry websites or through individual well-known companies. If you want your firm to compete with your competitors in recruiting the best, you should try using MightyRecruiter to get your posting advertised across the internet. You’ll be able to post to free job boards and effectively reach many more job applicants.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter