Enterprise architects are professionals who help an organization develop an overall view of its operations in relation to its IT strategy. They review goals, processes and resource expenditures and recommend what level of information management resources are needed to support a company’s mission. On the flip side, they might also help plan process improvements to help a corporation align its strategies with the IT structure it already has in place.
Use the enterprise architect job description template provided to understand what skills and qualifications candidates for this position should possess. They should bring strong technical skills to the table, as well as an adept ability to think both critically and analytically.
Prospective enterprise architects should also possess a good deal of business savvy to engender trust in company stakeholders. The sample enterprise architect job description shown below will demonstrate how to list these requirements in a clear and concise manner.
Enterprise Architect Job Summary
Regional freight carrier looking for an experienced enterprise architect to help provide direction to infrastructure restructuring project. Your skills and advice will be of the utmost importance both in this immediate venture and going forward as you examine our internal process along with our internal IT network. You’ll have several qualified IT technicians and department managers at your disposal to provide you with all of the access and resources you’ll need. You’ll work closely with our operations director in developing a new information resource management strategy, and then help to oversee the incorporation of that plan into our day-to-day workflow. You’ll also get to act as an ongoing resource, offering information, guidance and insight to frontline employees, our IT staff, members of our executive management team and external stakeholders.
- Review and assess corporate goals, strategies and assets along with everyday processes and procedures and compare those to available information technology resources
- Develop a plan with operations director to update processes, procure new resources and/or restructure management in order to align expectations with current IT strategy
- Coordinate with IT director and other technical managers to oversee the strategic development of internal network
- Work with network architects and developers to help bolster security tools and protocols to prevent unauthorized access to business-critical data
- Search for areas where cost reduction opportunities may be available, such as cases where workflow may be duplicated across departments or sectors whose processes may be diverging from corporate mission
- Contribute ideas and insight to help optimize corporate information management resources to stay current with evolving business trends and new technologies
- Educate employees, data technicians and department managers on new changes to infrastructure and policies, with an emphasis placed on recognizing the need for such updates
- Share review findings and recommendations to executives and stakeholders, along with reports showing the progress in implementing new strategies
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems management, accounting or business management from accredited four-year academic institution
- Two years of previous experience in corporate planning or strategic development
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT network design and governance
- Master’s degree in either business administration or computer technology
- Prior management experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
Along with using resources such as the enterprise architect job description template to create your listing, understanding how and where to advertise is also an essential element of the hiring process. Finding qualified candidates often means luring them away from other companies. Disseminating your listing throughout your own network of professional contacts may help to pique the interest of people looking for new employment opportunities.
Another method that has proven to be effective at exposing a listing to a wide array of interested applicants is to utilize online job boards. Countless job seekers and career development consultants review such sites continuously. However, utilizing such resources requires that you know which are targeted towards your specified candidate pool. Services such as MightyRecruiter offer that understanding, as well as access to job boards that offer free listings, thus helping you net increased exposure that fits within your hiring budget.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter