Executive administrative assistants are responsible for communicating with executive management and departmental staff to schedule meetings, appointments and other calendar events. They undertake many secretarial duties including answering phone calls, overseeing schedules and acting as a liaison between executives and their contacts. Other tasks may include preparing reports, editing documents and conducting assigned research.
The executive administrative assistant job description you post should indicate your need for someone who has superior interpersonal skills. In this role, candidates must be able to accurately assess their audience to communicate effectively with staff, management, colleagues and customers as needed.
Other valuable skills include organization, writing and editing abilities and a commitment to professionalism and integrity. Reference the executive administrative assistant job description below to better understand the type of content to include in your write-up.
Executive Administrative Assistant Job Summary
As a valued executive administrative assistant, you will be entrusted with facilitating communication between executive management and important contacts. This position enables you to develop a respected skillset including interpersonal communication, attention to detail, leadership and commendable professionalism. The opportunity to work with our company’s most experienced leaders allows you to function in a role where you can actively contribute to furthering our company’s mission to provide our clients with the most dependable consultation services. As part of a team of talented leaders, you will have the chance to participate in research and compile reports to be shown in important settings like shareholder meetings. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys helping others, managing schedules and contributing to team initiatives and goals.
- Coordinate logistics for important meetings and events, including finding a location, arranging catering services and organizing any needed electrical equipment
- Notify executives of meetings, speaking engagements and upcoming events, and coordinate schedules to ensure attendees are able to arrive on time
- Prepare reports, meeting notes and agendas for use during appointments, presentations and shareholder assemblies
- Facilitate communication between departmental management and executive leaders, as well as customers, in situations where issues may have escalated
- Maintain an office space that is clean, organized and professional to reflect the company’s mission and values
- Preserve superior levels of integrity, security and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information related to the company’s assets and upcoming opportunities
- Manage general secretarial responsibilities including taking phone calls and using office equipment such as a printer, computer, fax machine and copier
- Participate in assigned research, compile information in an organized manner and edit content for executives to use and reference during specific speaking engagements
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience using meeting management software
- Adherence to superior standards of professionalism and confidentiality
- Five years of experience working in administration
- Familiarity with accounting software including Intuit QuickBooks and Sage 50 Accounting
Writing a compelling executive administrative assistant job description that will appeal to interested candidates is only the first part of finding the perfect person for the job. Next, you must find which channels will most effectively and efficiently get your posting into the hands of the right people.
Reputable methods of advertising jobs include using social media and referral programs. Online job boards are a wonderful way to get your posting the visibility you need to find the most viable candidate. On sites such as these, interested job seekers are able to use various filters to find the exact job they are looking for. As you get started, use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free in a place that is legitimate and reputable.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter