An executive chef is in charge of running a kitchen. Chefs may work in a variety of settings, from fine dining restaurants to hotels. They are in charge of managing every aspect of the kitchen, including staff, menu creation, inventory and food quality.
In an executive chef job description, it is essential to highlight the level of management experience needed to do the job. In addition, superior cooking skills are also required. Applicants should be aware that this position requires long hours of standing and working in a hot, cramped environment.
Those who apply to be executive chefs should have proven experience in this field. As you create your executive chef job description, look over the following example for assistance and guidance.
Executive Chef Job Summary
Creativity, leadership and the ability to work under pressure are only a few of the skills you need to work as the executive chef at our five-star restaurant. Quality is key for us because we strive to serve only top-notch dishes and desserts. We are focused on providing an experience that cannot be found anywhere else through serving unique foods and creatively prepared items. If you love cooking and being able to let yourself create masterpieces in the kitchen, you are exactly who we are looking for. You will be provided with a highly trained and experienced staff to assist you in preparing meals that are sure to wow our guests.
* Create menus and recipes to be prepared for breakfast, lunch and dinner services
* Prepare foods according to set menus using a variety of cooking and baking techniques with the assistance of kitchen staff
* Check and monitor inventory, including managing the safe storage and preparation of food items and ensuring inventory is kept stocked according to the planned menus
* Secure contracts with food providers, including deliveries and guaranteed in-stock items, along with securing fresh foods, such as fruits, vegetables, meats and fish, from local providers with a focus on using local and fresh foods as much as possible
* Adhere to the restaurant’s policies, procedures and codes about kitchen safety and safe food handling, along with guidelines for menu creation
* Hire, train and manage kitchen staff
* Work with guests to prepare special menus for events that include weddings, funerals and birthday celebrations
* Keep the kitchen area clean and sanitary while abiding by the latest regulations for safety and cleanliness
Job Skills & Qualifications
* At least six years of experience working as a chef
* At least two years of experience working in a fine dining establishment
* Proven leadership skills
* History of creating menus and designing new food recipes
* Culinary degree or vocational training
* Baking skills
Putting together an executive chef job description that will be eye-catching and reel in the best candidates is only your first step. The job description is important for telling applicants what qualifications are needed and how to apply, but if they never see it, they cannot apply. So, you have to get it in front of them by posting it to your website and social media pages along with posting it on job boards.
Job boards are where people will go to look for a job, so you need to make sure your description is there for them to see. Posting to all boards, though, can take a lot of time and effort. Make it easy by using MightyRecruiter to post to free job boards and get your listing up on multiple sites at one time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter