Extraction workers run machinery and equipment designed to extract gas, oil or minerals from the earth. In this capacity, they may be expected to perform regular maintenance, use controls to move the equipment and communicate with other workers to keep the worksite safe and efficient.
As you create your own professional extraction worker job description, you need to think about the qualities a strong candidate would have. Extraction workers need to be able to solve complex problems, work with both hands at the same time and assess the performance of equipment.
It’s also important for such workers to exhibit close attention to detail and be able to work in a team. Including these sought-after skills may help you find an employee that fits in well at your company. Learn more about the other key elements your posting should have by reviewing the following extraction worker job description template.
Extraction Worker Job Summary
If you enjoy working with your hands to solve complex problems sometimes related to mechanical equipment, then this job as an extraction worker on our team may be for you. In this position, you must work side-by-side with other dedicated extraction professionals to properly position drilling and extraction machines. Because you are working with natural elements, your day-to-day duties are rarely ever the exact same, which can help add intrigue to your work. Some days you may have to troubleshoot issues with the equipment, while other days you may have to inspect the materials you have extracted. This job gives you the opportunity to hone your communication and teamwork abilities in a way that can help prepare you for more responsibilities in the future.
- Position extraction equipment to get better angles on the materials being drawn from the earth
- Monitor the machinery as it runs to watch for blockages, shortages and other issues, so you can quickly and efficiently fix any problems that arise
- Use various hand tools to inspect the extracted materials, fix equipment and record information on a daily basis
- Collaborate with other extraction workers and engineers to solve complex problems and find the perfect position for equipment each time the project changes
- Dismantle boring and extracting tools after excavation to properly inspect each piece of machinery and perform regular maintenance as needed
- Record work history in log books to make it easier for other team members to understand what was done on your shift
- Maintain detailed records of inventory to make it easier for supervisors to order needed materials
- Inspect geological matter with testing devices to make sure the equipment is in the right area and to allow you to send the high-quality materials to the geologists
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 18 years old or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others
- Quick decision-making skills
- Familiarity with data entry software
- Technical knowledge of excavation equipment
- Ability to categorize geological matter
After you have created an eye-catching extraction worker job description, you may think it is time to simply wait for the applications to start pouring in. However, your hard work will not pay off unless you take other important steps. If you want a large applicant pool, you must make sure that your want ad is seen by many professionals. You can do this by pushing your description across a variety of channels, including online job boards, social media and company websites.
One of the best tools you can use to find top employees is diversification. You need to be willing to hear from referrals and use a variety of online job boards. Posting to hundreds of job boards simultaneously does not have to be hard. Use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to put your best foot forward as you search for a quality employee.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter