When writing an extruding and drawing machine setter job description, it is important to realize this role operates in a variety of industries and that part of the key to making sure you attract a candidate with the appropriate experience is writing a description that makes it clear how the position will contribute to your organization’s mission.
Machine setters are a vital part of your team because of their role preparing your machines for each new production run. It is essential they understand each project’s goals and specifications.
The right candidate will need to be familiar with the materials used in your processes. Extrusion and drawing operations are performed when working with a variety of metals and plastics, and the physical properties of each require both knowledge and hands-on experience to manage. Keep this in mind while writing your extruding and drawing machine setter job description.
Extruding and Drawing Machine Setter Job Summary
Our organization is seeking an extrusion and drawing machine setter with experience handling a variety of plastics used in the home gardening and fencing industry. Most of our products are animal control fences, with some other forms of plastic fencing produced as seasonal demand peaks. You’ll have ample opportunity to work independently, preparing each machine for operation ahead of production and sample runs. We’ll depend on you to act as an analytical problem solver who likes working independently and has the self-motivation needed to set machines efficiently and with a minimum of downtime. This role’s independence also makes experience a necessity for the position.
- Measure and examine extruded products to ensure they meet all quality specifications, and that they are free of defects
- Select machine dies and parts according to the setup procedures for each individual production run
- Start machines at the beginning of each operating day or shift as appropriate
- Set controls to regulate sizing rings, air pressure, vacuum, temperature and speed of extrusion on each production run
- Reel extruded products into rolls of the correct lengths and weights to facilitate storage and shipping
- Install all dies, machine screws, and other components for new production runs as instructions in the workflow indicate
- Change dies according to the procedures and order of projects in the workflow
- Clean work areas and help supervise other employees doing the same during downtimes
- Troubleshoot operations when machines operate out of specification
- Repair machines as necessary, diagnosing mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components as necessary and depending on the machine configuration
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Two years of experience as a machine setter, or four years as a setter’s assistant
- High school diploma
- Apprentice electrician certification or higher
- Prior work experience in plastic extrusion manufacturing
- Five years of experience as a machine setter or
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field
When you are writing your extruding and drawing machine setter job description, you need to make sure you are specific about exactly what you are looking for to make sure you will get a candidate who knows everything you need a good prospect for the job to know.
The best way to make sure that candidate sees what you have to offer is by making sure your description goes out to as large an audience as possible. That means publishing it in a variety of ways, including online job listings and career-friendly social media platforms as well as traditional advertising channels for recruiters. You’re also free to post jobs for free with the help of MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter