Hiring the best person for the job begins with a solid and well-written job description. This piece of information is the first thing that future employees will read about your organization, so you want to make sure it’s accurate and effective. Matching people to the right company can be challenging, so you need to work diligently to create the best preview of an experience working in that position with your company. Many business owners aren’t confident in their ability to compose this type of important writing by themselves. Your best bet is to find a good financial auditor sample job description, like the one that follows below, and read it over intently in order to find out what standard job postings should include.
Financial Auditor Job Description Summary
The financial auditor is an individual who makes decisions regarding another entity’s financial viability. This person helps an organization make choices about lending or other types of business in which a company’s financial history is important. The auditor is also responsible for making a determination of whether or not a financial history is accurate and true in order to avoid fraudulent or inappropriate dealings. Auditors follow the standards of the national accounting industry in order to make the fairest recommendation for various aspects of business. An auditor may work with a team of individuals within an organization in order to complete these investigations.
Financial Auditor Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design the auditing process using common standards of practice, company policies, business goals and industry regulations.
- Indicate areas where risk is found in order to generate a more complete picture of financial responsibility.
- Analyze adherence with budgetary standards and guidelines using financial data and balance sheets.
- Review all financial materials and procedures in order to spot errors, inefficiencies or instances of misuse.
- Confirm a company’s or individual’s profitable holdings, account balances or debt obligations by reviewing databases and other financial sources of information.
- Document all internal processes within an audit; list all data sources; detail all conclusions after an investigation.
- Update the internal organization’s team members with periodic status reports, meetings and other important developments; publish a report after completing an inquiry.
- Work to develop new standards of practice within a company in order to increase accounting accuracy and integrity.
- Provide assistance in the case of an outside firm’s auditing of the organization.
- Reflect on historical and current budgetary trends found in the data.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise within the field by participating in professional development.
- Keep all sensitive information confidential and secure.
Financial Auditor Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting or other closely related subject
- Experience of at least 3 years in auditing for large organizations
- Proficiency in various computer programs related to accounting
- Certification as a certified public accountant or CPA
- Skills in time management and task completion
- Top notch oral and written communication abilities
The Teal County Public School System serves a population of more than 50,000 students in the greater metropolitan area of Houston, Texas. We work to provide a comprehensive public education for our community of diverse learners. With the advent of the Common Core, our goal is to further the academic rigor within our classrooms and maintain the high quality of our teachers and staff. Additionally, we aim to utilize the latest and most effective trends and tools in education in order to support preparing students for college and careers. Our system of managing materials and budgets works with millions of dollars and thousands of transactions that hope to better the learning experience of the student in our system.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- You should have enough information and background knowledge to start writing your own financial auditor job posting at this point. There are a few more useful tips to keep in mind as you begin creating your job description.
- Don’t make your job posting shorter or too much longer than the example posting.
- Don’t forget to carefully proofread and edit your job posting before submitting it for publication or online posting.
- Do gather as much information about the job title and duties from your own organization’s current staff before you begin to write.
- Do give salary information if it is part of a standard scale.
Be sure to look at the financial auditor sample job description as a reference throughout the process of creating your own job posting. This helpful resource can make the writing process faster and easier.