Financial clerks are professionals in the financing field who have many responsibilities. Primarily, they must maintain and update records, carefully tracking raw information. They will also be responsible for making calculations for bills and other transactions. Finally, financial clerks interact with clients and answer questions.
Strong mathematical skills are at the core of the financial clerk position. Your financial clerk job description should make it clear that candidates must be organized, analytical and be able to keep track of small details in order to do their job more effectively.
It is also vital that clerks have excellent communication skills. Interacting with clients is an essential part of their responsibilities. They must be professional and tactful in person while also having strong written communication skills. To help you include these requirements for candidates as effectively as possible, review the following financial clerk job description template.
Financial Clerk Job Summary
Are you a financial expert with excellent communication and reasoning skills? We are looking for professional and talented financial clerks like you. You have extensive knowledge of office operations and transaction management, as well as the mathematical skills to back it up. Analytical, evaluation and critical thinking skills are essential to the position. As a representative of the company, you will make decisions based on the information you have and explain the situation to clients tactfully and professionally while keeping vigilant records of all transactions and financial numbers. Help make a difference in our clients’ lives by joining our dynamic team of financial clerks.
- Maintain financial records carefully and precisely, entering accurate information into forms and spreadsheets and making calculations based on previous and upcoming transactions, ensuring written communication is clear
- Interact with clients, relaying information, answering inquiries and providing clear explanations on a daily basis, remaining professional and respectful at all times
- Take action to satisfy angry clients, resolving issues quickly and tactfully and putting negotiation techniques into practice
- Make the necessary calculations to compute bills and charges, providing this information for clients via email or mailed bills and maintaining working knowledge of bills to answer any questions clients have
- Complete administrative responsibilities, filling out forms correctly and quickly and submitting them at the end of each working day
- Guide clients through transactions carefully and intentionally, making all aspects as clear as possible and being understanding of any miscommunications
- Follow special instructions from management staff quickly and precisely, fulfilling side projects as instructed
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in finance or related field
- Advanced familiarity with entire Office Suite
- Bachelor degree in finance or related field
- Two years minimum working experience as financial clerk or other financial professional
Writing and polishing your financial clerk job description is only the first step in the hiring process. It does not matter how strong your job description is if job seekers cannot find it. It is recommended to advertise your job opening on multiple online job boards to ensure that it has the biggest audience possible. There are many job seekers who browse these boards, giving your opening the best chance for interested and talented professionals to see and respond to it.
At MightyRecruiter, we are experts when it comes to online job boards. Our free posting tools make it possible for you to put your job description on hundreds of boards simultaneously. This boosted approach to hiring is much stronger than simply posting the opening on the company website or social media. Turn to MightyRecruiter and post your job description online for free without the hassle.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter