Financial specialists develop cost-effective products and analyze risks for organizations. They investigate financial analysis methods, create mathematical tools and improve investment instruments. They also confer with financial engineers and analysts regarding market dynamics, trading strategies and trading system performance.
While creating the skills section of a financial specialist job description, you might want to include a section about your ideal candidate having top-notch software proficiency and organizational skills. The job responsibilities of this position involve working with various types of analytical, scientific, database user interface and spreadsheet software.
Financial assistants must also keep all files, research notes and schedules in working order for optimum efficiency of the organization. They should be well organized to contribute to a finely tuned work environment. Take a look at our financial specialist job description template attached below for more guidance and insight on how to create your own.
Financial Specialist Job Summary
Do you have a knack for finance and a passion to develop efficient systems? Do you find joy in helping organizations make smarter decisions and succeed? As part of our finance team, you will be responsible for financial model research, development, implementation, testing, documentation and reporting to achieve these goals. Your role is to improve the financial status of our organization by collecting, monitoring and developing successful models to support business decisions. While you will conduct financial analysis independently, your will also coordinate with management to gather information, summarize reports and prepare recommendations about financial plans and operating forecasts. Enhancing system approaches and guiding new business decisions with concrete financial information is the focus of your role.
- Assess conceptual foundations of model specifications, limitations, underlying assumptions, variable selection, developmental evidence, underlying data and documentation
- Monitor efforts to ensure the model meets business objectives and adheres to regulatory standards, verifying quality and accuracy by back testing and benchmarking
- Confer with validators and developers to ensure the modeling process is efficient, recommending solutions to reduce expense, increase revenue and maximize efficiency when needed
- Create detailed reports and budgets in written and verbal form for presentation to model developers, senior management and internal audit staff, maintaining records with risk management strategies
- Perform risk modeling and quantify results to influence strategic business decisions by management and board of directors
- Confer with product owners and account management teams to assess needs
- Work with account management and sales teams to create product and price positioning strategies
- Elaborate the documentation required for various project stakeholders, including building charts from spreadsheets to facilitate understanding of complex financial data
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 1-3 years of financial modeling experience
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or related field
- Proficiency in analytical and scientific software
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software
- Strong background in statistical programming such as SAS
- Familiarity with Matlab and SQL is a plus
- Experience in IRR modeling
- Demonstrable skills in prototyping and empirical analysis
- Knowledge of stress testing
If you’re looking for a financial specialist who can make your organization more efficient and profitable, then creating a compelling financial specialist job description is the best place to start. Once you’ve developed a job description that includes the details of the position and correct requirements, you can strategically post it where you can attract enthusiastic and skilled candidates.
To find an extensive pool of qualified talent, you want to post the job description to multiple places. Candidates peruse a variety of different places for job openings, so you’ll want to be ready for them. Posting the job description to your company website, work-related social media networks and online job boards is a great strategy. Utilizing these places is helpful, but it can be time consuming if you try to do each one by yourself. Thankfully, you can use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free on hundreds of boards immediately.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter