Fire alarm systems installers visit customers’ homes or businesses to install or repair fire alarm equipment. They install and test control panels and wiring and ensure everything functions properly. Installers may also troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning systems.
As this is a highly technical position, your fire alarm systems installer job description should include any specific skills you require, such as proficiency in particular systems. Knowledge of electrical systems and safety is a must, as is manual dexterity. Installers also need general physical agility and stamina to perform the full range of tasks involved in a complete installation.
In addition to technical proficiency, a good candidate needs communication skills. Installers work with people inside their homes and businesses, so you want someone who is friendly and able to explain technical issues to customers. Review the following sample for more ideas on creating an impactful fire alarm systems installer job description.
Fire Alarm Systems Installer Job Summary
If you are ready to take your technical knowledge further, join our team of alarm installers and technicians. Our home security company provides a wide range of services, including state-of-the-art fire alarm installation and maintenance. As a fire alarm systems installer, you will meet new people every day and use your technical skills to give them the fire protection they need. In this position, you will be among the first in your profession to learn about exciting new technology in the field. You will have the opportunity to expand your skillset through our training and development programs and take advantage of our employee-oriented work environment that enables our team members to reach their full potential.
- Install and program control panels and all other equipment for fire alarm systems with the guidance of building plans and electrical layouts
- Mount sensors at appropriate locations, performing all necessary tasks, such as drilling holes for cabling and accessing locations such as crawlspaces or attics to ensure optimal wiring layouts
- Install all wiring to connect system components, complying with all applicable safety standards and with customer’s concerns or preferences
- Show customers how to use alarm system, discuss any questions or concerns and ensure customers are fully satisfied with the service they receive
- Inspect and test systems to ensure all components are performing well and comply with safety requirements
- Review installation manuals, building plans and work orders to plan optimal locations for system components and wiring
- Identify and repair malfunctions in system components or wiring, including ordering and installing replacement parts as necessary
- Compose and submit documentation and reports for each installation or repair visit, complying with company’s standard operating procedure
Job Skills & Qualifications
- State certification in Fire Alarm & Detection Equipment or equivalent
- Proficiency in alarm panels, including GE, Ademco and others
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Top customer service skills
- Networking experience with security, CCTV systems or other
- Computer aided design (CAD) software knowledge
Now that you have invested the time and effort to come up with a great fire alarm systems installer job description, your next step should be getting it out to qualified applicants. You want to put some thought into strategizing to make sure the people who see you posting are the ones you want to hire.
Today, posting on job boards tops the to-do list of any employer looking to hire. However, an effective strategy also includes diversifying your approach. Your own website, specialized trade internet boards or publications and social media all offer a viable platform for expanding your search. Start by crossing off that top item on your to-do list by letting MightyRecruiter help you set up a free job posting on hundreds of online job search boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter