Food batchmakers can work in a large manufacturing or a small artisanal setting to operate equipment for the purpose of mixing, creating and preparing food products. A person in this position would need to follow recipes to incorporate ingredients according to strict food safety and quality standards.
In your food batchmaker job description, you should focus on what skills a qualified candidate should possess. Detail the responsibilities that go along with food safety and preparation as well as the technical knowledge needed to operate and maintain commercial or industrial kitchen equipment. A skilled food batchmaker should also be able to work well with others as a team player.
You want an employee with a commitment to excellence and responsibility to work with your team. To find that person, you should follow our food batchmaker job description template to get ideas about crafting a great post for your open position.
Food Batchmaker Job Summary
Are you a detail-oriented person who enjoys working with your hands? Do you have a passion for making great food for consumers to enjoy at home? If this sounds like you, you should apply for this food batchmaker position. You can learn and master artisanal small-batch food preparation and production on the job with a team of dedicated batchmakers in a fun, food culture environment. You will be responsible for equipment safety, maintenance and simple repairs in addition to food preparation, according to a guarded recipe and proprietary technique. There is excellent opportunity for skill development and advancement within the company. We want to grow our team with people who are enthusiastic about our products and the artisanal food movement.
- Read and follow batch cards with specific preparation and ingredient requirements in addition to other technical information for consistency and adherence to food safety regulations
- Measure, combine and distribute ingredients according to patented formula for consistency in taste, safety and branding
- Inspect food batch production for quality and identify any errors or problems on line, reporting directly to supervisory staff immediately
- Operate and monitor equipment used in food preparation for proper function as well as record and report any malfunctions or other complications
- Select and test in-production samples and provide relevant information to quality assurance department for further testing
- Attend any work-safety, manufacturing or other department meetings on monthly and as-needed basis for process review
- Provide team support and additional mentoring to novice and apprentice-level team members to assist in skills development and training
- Clean and sanitize station daily at start and end of shift and assist team in maintaining exemplary cleanliness and safety practices
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to train on-the-job in every stage of production
- Physical requirements include standing for up to four hours at a time and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Previous experience in similar field
- Proficiency in math operational skills, including ratios and percentages
Attracting capable candidates is the aim of a well thought-out and composed job description. Your food batchmaker job description should provide specific details as well as experience needed to clarify the needs and expectations your company has for a new hire. After you write it, you should use all available social media platforms as well as your company’s website to get your posting noticed.
You can save a bit of time and money by searching online for job sites that attract the best candidates. A better solution for your company is to post jobs for free by using MightyRecruiter. You can get your job listing where it can be seen by someone who may be right for the job.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter