Food cooking machine operators work with many pieces of cooking equipment to ensure quality temperatures and cook times. This can include boilers, kettles, steam cooking vats, pressure cookers, deep fryers and an assortment of other devices.
Your food cooking machine operator job description should emphasize the need for applicants to be knowledgeable about food processes. They should know how to safely handle food and ensure it remains sanitary and safe for consumption at all times.
Equipment maintenance skills will also be advantageous because these operators should be capable of performing basic troubleshooting and repairs when needed. Operators also need to be aware of all potential hazards and take precautions while on the work site. If you still need some guidance while writing your own job listing, read the food cooking machine operator job description sample below to see what else needs to be added.
Food Cooking Machine Operator Job Summary
Do you enjoy creating delectable meals and savor the satisfaction of providing people with food they will not soon forget? If so, our restaurant is seeking a new food cooking machine operator. You will share your passion by creating mass quantities of delicious food on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to work with various heavy machinery in an environment that promotes collaboration. You will utilize your self-starter attitude to complete tasks independently and meet quotas without supervision. We reward hard work with excellent pay and promotional training. If you want to broaden your cooking skills and work with a friendly management team, apply today.
- Operate a wide array of machinery, including tanks, vats, boilers and kettles, to prepare food for the rest of the day
- Remove materials once they are finished cooking in the equipment, and store it in the proper area, such as the fridge, cabinet or freezer
- Clean equipment while it is not in use at the end of every shift, and sterilize thoroughly to ensure it remains sanitary
- Observe dials and gauges while the machinery is in use to ensure everything is set at the correct temperature, and adjust as necessary
- Be cognizant of any changes in a machine’s capabilities, and report any malfunctions to management
- Record production data at the end of every day, writing down how much was produced, and log that data daily
- Collect samples from the machines while in the middle of processing to visually inspect the quality of the food
- Read work orders and create the necessary quantity of food based on that
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with industrial machinery
- Basic troubleshooting skills and basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work efficiently and safely
- Ability to work in hot environments with loud noises
- High school diploma
- Communication skills
You might write a fantastic food cooking machine operator job description, but it is not going to be effective if you do not post efficiently. There are plenty of ways to inform the general public of your opening, and you do not want to skip a single source.
Your establishment’s website is a good place to start, but that should only be the beginning. You should use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms to market your job listing. If you do not currently have a large social media presence, you should get started making one. Once you have all that taken care of, you are ready to move onto job boards. Hundreds of these sites are on the internet, and MightyRecruiter lets you post to many of them simultaneously. After you post to free job boards, you can sit back and wait for the resumes to come in.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter