Food cooking machine operators work with many pieces of cooking equipment to ensure quality temperatures and cook times. This can include boilers, kettles, steam cooking vats, pressure cookers, deep fryers and an assortment of other devices.
Your food cooking machine operator job description should emphasize the need for applicants to be knowledgeable about food processes. They should know how to safely handle food and ensure it remains sanitary and safe for consumption at all times.
Equipment maintenance skills will also be advantageous because these operators should be capable of performing basic troubleshooting and repairs when needed. Operators also need to be aware of all potential hazards and take precautions while on the work site. If you still need some guidance while writing your own job listing, read the food cooking machine operator job description sample below to see what else needs to be added.
Food Cooking Machine Operator Job Summary
Do you enjoy creating delectable meals and savor the satisfaction of providing people with food they will not soon forget? If so, our restaurant is seeking a new food cooking machine operator. You will share your passion by creating mass quantities of delicious food on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to work with various heavy machinery in an environment that promotes collaboration. You will utilize your self-starter attitude to complete tasks independently and meet quotas without supervision. We reward hard work with excellent pay and promotional training. If you want to broaden your cooking skills and work with a friendly management team, apply today.
- Operate a wide array of machinery, including tanks, vats, boilers and kettles, to prepare food for the rest of the day
- Remove materials once they are finished cooking in the equipment, and store it in the proper area, such as the fridge, cabinet or freezer
- Clean equipment while it is not in use at the end of every shift, and sterilize thoroughly to ensure it remains sanitary
- Observe dials and gauges while the machinery is in use to ensure everything is set at the correct temperature, and adjust as necessary
- Be cognizant of any changes in a machine’s capabilities, and report any malfunctions to management
- Record production data at the end of every day, writing down how much was produced, and log that data daily
- Collect samples from the machines while in the middle of processing to visually inspect the quality of the food
- Read work orders and create the necessary quantity of food based on that
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with industrial machinery
- Basic troubleshooting skills and basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work efficiently and safely
- Ability to work in hot environments with loud noises
- High school diploma
- Communication skills
Food Cooking Machine Operator Job Responsibilities
While the work experience section of a jobseeker’s resume explains the accomplishments and daily tasks achieved in each position held, the job responsibilities section of the food cooking machine operator job description communicates to jobseekers the expectations of the position. They will know their responsibilities and level of expertise required.
As previously mentioned in the tips described on this page, implement bullet points to increase readability. Lengthy sentences and paragraphs do not convey information as quickly or as clearly as bullet points that use short phrases and begin with strong action verbs. This section is the most substantial portion of the food cooking machine operator job description because it allows candidates to envision themselves in the advertised role. Concentrate on the most important duties, listing between six and eight bullet points and avoiding extensive lists.
Some sample food cooking machine operator job responsibilities are:
- Operate machines to produce baked, roasted or dried food products
- Set up, load or start food processing equipment
- Set and control flow rates, temperatures and machinery pressures
- Weigh, check and mix ingredients according to specific recipes
- Monitor ingredient mixes and make needed adjustments during production processes
- Clean equipment and workspaces according to health and safety rules and regulations
Food Cooking Machine Operator Job Specifications
While writing the job qualifications and skills section appears short and easy, the food cooking machine operator job description details the minimum requirements needed for performing the job tasks. Without clarity, potential candidates will not understand the specifics of the job. Your job is to ensure that you are filtering unqualified or overqualified applicants by writing clear specifications. Reducing the number of applicants makes things easier and saves you time you can use for candidates who are a better fit.
Discuss the specifications with the hiring managers, senior leadership or relevant committees. If there are many qualifications and skills to list, you need to know which are absolute must-haves and which ones are not necessary. From there, you can have two lists, starting with the required and following with the preferred. Candidates will have a better understanding from the food cooking machine operator job description to help them decide whether to follow up with an application.
Some examples of food cooking machine operator job specifications you may wish to incorporate include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good reading ability
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent hand-eye coordination
- Able to stand for long time periods to monitor production process and lift up to 50 pounds