Hiring great people for a manufacturing company starts with an effective food processing worker job description. Food processing workers work with specialized equipment in food production. They use ingredients from a recipe to make large batches of a food brand’s products, and they also monitor industrial kitchen equipment.
For most food production jobs, no formal education is required, but many companies will only hire a candidate with at least a high school diploma. Work in this field requires detailed training on the operation of equipment. Most companies are able to train candidates once they are hired.
Food processing workers need a good amount of strength to be able to lift heavy materials and work with equipment. Most of their day is spent on their feet, so they must have stamina and coordination as well. Below, you can see a good food processing worker job description template for reference.
Food Processing Worker Job Summary
Our company is looking for highly dependable team players to join our staff as food processing workers. If you’ve always been fascinated with the process of industrial food products and are committed to supporting our brand’s reputation for excellent snack products, then this is the place for you. Food processing workers are responsible for working in the food production line and load ingredients into industrial baking equipment. They also monitor the machinery during the cooking and mixing process to make sure our product quality standards are being met. We offer attractive pay and unlimited snack samples to our workers, so consider joining us today!
- Monitor food cooking machines and make adjustments to the controls for devices such as boilers, ovens, fryers and cookers
- Program kitchen equipment to operate according to company and recipe standards and make changes to cooking temperature and time
- React to any type of alarms or malfunctions of the equipment and operate the shut-off switch when necessary
- Load raw ingredients into the cooking machine and measure the amount needed by following company recipes and industry standards
- Comprehend written instructions and recipes from the company when putting together ingredients and starting a new batch of products
- Remove the finished product from the production line and push batches to the next step of the process for packaging
- Verify that each finished item meets the quality standards of the company by observing the size, shape and luster of each snack item
- Sanitize all materials and machinery parts at the end of each shift and clean the workspace at the worker station by following company cleanliness standards
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED program
- Ability to follow all appropriate safety standards in food production
- Knowledge of basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Experience working in food production or in an industrial kitchen
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices
A well-written food processing worker job description is a great way to get started in finding better employees for your team. Then, you’ll need to brainstorm for best ideas about how to advertise your job openings to qualified and dependable individuals.
For a job like this one, it may be more effective to go for a general audience of jobseekers rather than focus on people already in the industry. There may be many potential applicants out there who aren’t familiar with food production and wouldn’t think to look on your company’s website. There are hundreds of job boards online that would be excellent spots to post your open job. You can look into using a tool such as MightyRecruiter to get to post to free job boards and find the perfect applicant.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter