Front end developers design and create websites, particularly their look and aesthetic. They are mostly concerned with how a website appears in a browser and use design, code and debugging applications. In addition, they oversee website performance and capacity, such as loading speed and traffic capacity.
When itemizing skills in a front end developer job description, note that the candidate should have a background in web design, computer science or programming. The level of education required varies from high school diploma to bachelor’s degree, but the emphasis should be placed more on the candidate’s skills and creativity.
Front end developers implement or create website content and graphics. They may also integrate websites with other applications. They convert textual, graphic, video and audio components to appropriate web formats using software. Read the front end developer job description below for an idea of what should be included in the job posting.
Front End Developer Job Summary
Does working on websites excite you? Are you a skilled web professional with a passion for the internet? We are at the forefront of next-generation technology development, and we have a place for you. We currently have an opening for a front end developer that allows you to use your creative talents in our dynamic, fast-paced environment to improve and keep up our website properties, from layout to function. You’ll have the opportunity to become a high-impact contributor and interface with different departments on various web projects. Join our team and we’ll reward your hard work with an excellent culture, great benefits and competitive pay.
- Design, build and maintain websites using the appropriate coding and scripting languages, content management tools, and other related software applications
- Write, design or edit web page content, perform website updates as needed and write code for websites or web applications
- Work with management, development, information technology, marketing, product development and other stakeholders to prioritize project needs, develop content, select solutions and resolve conflicts
- Ensure the code is valid, properly structured and compatible with multiple browsers, mobile devices and operating systems
- Identify issues discovered by testing and feedback from internal and external clients, and correct problems or refer them to the appropriate teams for resolution
- Collaborate with teams on website plans, such as budgets, performance requirements, equipment or legal issues, including privacy and accessibility
- Document style guidelines for website content and implement procedures for ongoing website revision and maintenance
- Communicate with information technology or network staff and any external website hosting services to address software or hardware issues that are affecting website performance and availability
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong people and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- Associate’s degree or higher in web design or related field
- Project management skills
Writing a front end developer job description that motivates the strongest candidates to apply is highly essential. It needs to be inviting and easily accessed through various digital and print media since potential employees will look in many places for possible jobs. The goal is to reach as many job seekers as possible.
Put the job listing on the many available online job boards and on your organization’s various platforms, such as your business website, social media accounts and the intranet, particularly on any internal employee referral sections. Posting to individual job boards takes more time than most people have, so it’s a good idea to use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter