Fundraising managers oversee the activities an organization carries out to bring in more donations. This also entails working with the public relations department to raise awareness of a certain issue and ensuring the general public maintains a favorable image of the organization.
Since this is a managerial position, your fundraising manager job description needs to emphasize the need for leadership skills. Applicants should be comfortable with public speaking and designating roles for everyone on a team.
Exceptional organizational skills are required because these managers always need to be in charge of multiple efforts simultaneously. These managers also need to be comfortable solving problems whenever they arise. Express all this in your fundraising manager job description thoroughly so applicants know what you expect them to bring to the table.
Fundraising Manager Job Summary
Do you have years of experience coordinating fundraising efforts and a desire to make your community a little better? This organization is in need of a new fundraising manager who is not afraid to get his or her hands dirty and take risks. If hired, you will be leading a team of hard-working individuals who are all interested in seeing this non-profit succeed. You will always need to have on eye toward the future and determine which projects are worth continuing and which should be let go. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to make some tangible changes within the area.
- Establish positive relationships with clients in every sector, including government representatives and members of the media
- Prepare press releases to submit to the local newspaper and ensure the release always goes up on the company website and social media accounts
- Assign duties to every member of the fundraising staff and periodically review those duties to make sure they are all progressing accordingly
- Pursue efforts to keep the non-profit’s public image positive, which can entail promoting events regularly
- Evaluate the effectiveness of specific events and advertising campaigns to determine which ones work well and which ones should be abandoned
- Attend special events put on by the non-profit, which can include parties or charity events, and speak with guests about the advantages of the organization
- Prepare budgets every quarter to determine what the fundraising department’s needs are going to be
- Formulate policies with the board of directors and sit in on meetings to help decide the overall direction of the non-profit
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, fundraising or similar area
- At least five years of experience working in fundraising or public relations
- Experience leading a team to success
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Knowledge of relevant software
A compelling fundraising manager job description is essential if you want the best candidates applying for the position. You need to fill this role with the person most experienced in the field, so you also need to emphasize what the candidates can get out of the role. Ultimately, you just need to make sure the person can find the job listing at all.
There are numerous online platforms where you can promote your job description. Your organization’s website is a good place to start, but you also need to branch out to promote it on your social media pages. This may come as a surprise, but there are actually hundreds of job boards that focus on promoting your job listing for free. MightyRecruiter permits you to post to free job boards, so you can get the word out in the most effective manner possible.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter