Gaming dealers interact directly with the public at casinos, racetracks and other gaming sites. They may take bets and operate games to generate excitement. Typically, they work more than one game, such as blackjack, roulette, craps and poker. They should be able to assist people in understanding the game as well as tracking monetary gains or losses.
This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A successful candidate should also possess mathematical skills and have a keen eye for detail. You will want to include these and other skills in your gaming dealer job description.
Customer service skills may be one of the most important aspects of this type of position. A gaming dealer who is polite and helpful can create a positive experience for patrons. Take a look at our gaming dealer job description template below to see what information may be helpful when you write your job post.
Gaming Dealer Job Summary
Do you like a fast-paced, fun environment where you can meet lots of people? Our gaming dealer position is perfect if you get excited about helping people and enjoy a good time. We are looking for smiling poker faces and excellent customer service skills. You will learn to operate a number of different gaming tables as well as how to track bets and tally winnings. You can also master the instructions for nearly every casino game as you learn on the job at one of our two locations. If you are successful in this position, you may have the opportunity for advancement within our organization.
- Lead a number of table games, including blackjack, craps, keno, poker, roulette and others while assisting customers with game-related needs
- Distribute cards, dice, chips and other equipment to patrons according to the table game and monitor returned equipment for any tampering
- Provide information about the rules of the game and observe players for appropriate activity while at the table
- Interact with floor supervisors to share concerns and information as well as any misconduct or suspicious behavior during the course of game play
- Exchange money for chips and collect chips for losing bets and direct winning patrons to cashier at end of gaming session for payout
- Monitor game pace and play while maintaining a positive and fun environment for patrons
- Prepare any end-of-shift reports, bookkeeping and other administrative duties as determined by supervisors and tidy area for next dealer
- Attend monthly staff meetings to address issues and maintain quality and brand representation on game floor
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Operational math applications and bookkeeping skills
- Completion of dealer training certification
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Previous gaming experience of three or more years
- Fluent in Spanish, French or German
Be sure to include specific job duties and abilities that are relevant to the needs of your organization. Once you have written your gaming dealer job description, you need to post it where you have the potential to reach the most qualified candidates. You have a number of different ways to advertise a job opening, but using online tools can be the easiest and most effective.
You can take the time to post your position on individual job boards. That can be a real time and money saver for your company, and you can focus your energy on narrowing down your list of applicants to fill your vacancy. With MightyRecruiter, you can post to free job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter