Health and safety engineers are tasked with ensuring that products and machinery are safe for consumers and employees respectively. In industries that produce chemicals or drugs, they must make sure that they are not a danger to anyone’s health. Because they also oversee correct machinery operation, they may create and enforce safety procedures and establish the emergency plans.
One of the most appealing qualities for health and safety engineers to have is the ability to think creatively and consider aspects that may not be apparent on the surface. You should include analytical capabilities, critical thinking skills and decision making as requirements on your health and safety engineer job description.
It is also important for these professionals to have excellent communication and observation skills. Learn the best way to emphasize these qualifications and find more talented professionals from the following health and safety engineer job description template.
Health and Safety Engineer Job Summary
Are you an expert when it comes to safety and health? We are looking for a health and safety engineer to review our safety policies and create updates and worthwhile changes to make them relevant to our increased production numbers, bigger population of employees and new mandated policies for the manufacturing industry. You should be familiar with researching state restrictions and making informed decisions based on what you learn, holding a position of leadership and applying critical thinking and analytical skills to the decision-making process. We are looking for a candidate who prioritizes communication to make a difference in the way our employees do their jobs.
- Create safety systems for all employees to follow when operating manufacturing machinery in order to prevent all injuries
- Maintain and enforce all safety and health policies, including those you create, already existing procedures, and policies enforced by the state and federal governments
- Coordinate with safety personnel at the district level to establish a company-wide safety code
- Relay information between management, outside safety agencies and employees, communicating vital information and instructions quickly and accurately
- Oversee operations on a daily basis to ensure all manufacturing employees follow safety procedures precisely
- Create documents that outline all safety policies to be easily understood by manufacturing workers and management team
- Complete administrative duties, filling out safety reports, collaborating with management and compiling information about accidents whenever they occur to prevent similar incidents in the future
- Plan and lead quarterly safety workshops to guarantee all employees fully understand the safety procedures they are required to follow, taking measures to make the information engaging and interesting
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in safety, law or other related field
- Fully OSHA 501 and OTI certified
- Master degree in related field
- Minimum five years of working experience in policy creation and enforcement
Once you have finished writing your health and safety engineer job description and have taken the time to polish it as much as possible, you are ready to move on to the next step in the hiring process. It is vital that as many job seekers as possible see your job description, or else it will not do you any good. Common advertising strategies are to use the company website or social media, although one of the best options is to post it on online job boards.
MightyRecruiter makes it possible to easily take advantage of online job boards by posting your job description to hundreds of boards simultaneously. This maximizes the audience you get and improves the chances of finding a talented engineer. Turn to MightyRecruiter in order to make the most of the hiring process and post to job boards for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter