Knowing how to write a good job description is a great skill for you to have that can increase your value and productiveness for the organization you are recruiting talent for. Instead of weeding through hundreds or even thousands of resumes from individuals who are not properly qualified for the position, you can spend more of your time screening the right candidates. In order to improve your chances of writing an effective job description the first time, here is a Health Practitioners and Technical Workers and Other job description sample for you to consider.
Health Practitioners and Technical Workers and Other Job Description
Health practitioners are often the face of the organization that interacts with patients. You should be highly attentive, courteous, knowledgeable and highly skilled. Technical workers are the background of the organization. You are responsible for providing support and solutions to various processes and aspects of the healthcare system to ensure timely delivery of services. You’ll work closely with professionals from all departments, from the clerical staff to physicians on a daily basis.
Health Practitioners and Technical Workers and Other Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accepts responsibility and ownership for tasks, decisions and actions that contribute to the well-being of the department, patients and organization
- Examines patients and completes detailed health histories
- Evaluates data and establishes treatment plans
- Makes referrals as needed
- Provides instruction and guidance to patients and their families
- Assists physicians in identifying patients who need emergency services
- Performs routine screenings, lab work, treatment and therapy
- Prescribes and administer medications under supervision of physician
- Provides case management services
- Performs minor medical and surgical procedures under guidance of physician
- Adheres to all ethics, laws, regulations and standards in regards to medicine and patient care
- Provide IT solutions and technologies for departmental concerns
- Regularly upgrade, maintain and implement new hardware, software, technologies and other IT solutions to improve operations and manage and protect data
- Actively participates in ongoing education, training and enrichment activities and opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills, while engaging in networking and personal organizations to maximize professional growth
Health Practitioners and Technical Workers and Other Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health-Related Field
- RN License
- Valid License to Practice as Physician Assistant or
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration or Nursing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High Attention to Detail
- Ability to Multitask
HealthRUs is located in Chicago, Illinois. We strive to be the best healthcare entity in the United States. We continuously work to improve the quality of life in local communities by providing high-quality and low cost healthcare services and treatments to those in need. We seek to improve the safety and health of our patients by treating them with the respect they deserve, as if they are our own family.
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- While the above Health Practitioners and Technical Workers and Other job description sample is a great one for you to use when writing your own job descriptions, there may be times where you don’t have a good example to follow. For those times, we have included below a list of best practices for you to keep in mind to make writing your future job descriptions much easier and less time-consuming so they are more effective.
- Do add a few keywords to your job titles. This makes it easier for them to rank higher in search results. Candidates often only look at the first few pages of search results, by ranking higher you can ensure that your job description gets more visibility.
- Do write job descriptions concisely. Avoid sugar coating and adding fluff. Use words that create value.
- Do highlight company culture. Give potential employees a good idea of what it is like to work for your company.
- Do include clear contact instructions. Inform candidates on how to apply and contact recruiting personnel for any concerns and questions.
- Don’t be vague. This is your opportunity to weed out candidates who may not be right for the job. List all requirements and expectations upfront.
The above Health Practitioners and Technical Workers and Other job description sample is an excellent example of how your job descriptions should look for maximum visibility and response. Improve your job description writing skills now to make your task of screening talent much easier. These skills will enable you to select the best candidates from the most qualified individuals in the field.
Health Practitioners and Technical Workers Job Responsibilities
The job responsibilities section may seem like it is just a simple part of your health practitioners and technical workers job description, but it is actually quite important. The information contained here makes up the most substantial part of your job description, giving jobseekers the information they need to picture themselves with your company.
When you create your list of responsibilities, remember that it shouldn’t be long list of tasks. Instead, include the duties that are central to the position. If your new hire will be in charge of new projects, mention this in your list. Separate your health practitioners and technical workers job responsibilities into two subsections, one with the core tasks and another with secondary duties. To make these sections readable, list the most important tasks first, and make each task its own bullet point.
Below are some duties you might include in your health practitioners and technical workers job description:
- Perform physical examinations of patients, diagnose illnesses and prescribe medications
- Collect and analyze data from clinical programs and maintain accurate records
- Set up medical consultations with supervising physicians
- Fill out patient encounter forms and review records of consultations
- Research medical equipment necessary for improving patient safety
- Work with patients to ensure they understand all aspects of a treatment plan
Health Practitioners and Technical Workers Job Specifications
It can be easy to overlook the qualifications necessary for your position because this section is so short. However, it is important to emphasize the skills your new hire must have. As you put together the job qualifications and skills section for the health practitioners and technical workers job description, you may realize that you need health workers with more administrative experience than technical expertise, and your list of qualifications needs to reflected this. This can help you weed out the jobseekers who don’t have the skills you are looking for and spend more time focusing on the best candidates.
To identify the jobseekers who are right for your position, talk to managers and others in related positions about the necessary qualifications. This can help you understand which skills your new hire needs to have and which are negotiable. When jobseekers look over this list in your health practitioners and technical workers job description, they will have a better idea of what you are looking for and know whether their skills and experience matches your position.
These sample health practitioners and technical workers job specifications demonstrate some of the qualifications you might request:
- State license to operate as a health practitioner
- At least three years of experience working in the practice area
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience maintaining patient medical records