Health specialties teachers work in postsecondary institutions teaching students about subjects that include dentistry, veterinary medicine and pharmaceuticals. Teachers create lesson plans to outline what topics are taught each class. They conduct assessments, give students with assignments and lecture on health-related topics.
As you create your health specialties teacher job description, you will need to highlight the importance of solid communication and interpersonal skills. Mention that a teacher also needs to be highly skilled and knowledgeable in health specialties.
Candidates also need to be good writers and have the ability to easily explain technical subjects. In addition, patience and strong listening skills are desired attributes. You can use the health specialties teacher job description template below to get more insight into how to write your own.
Health Specialties Teacher Job Summary
Are you an expert in various health specialties? Do you love sharing your knowledge with others? You may be the perfect candidate we are looking for to fill our health specialties teacher position. We are a small private college looking to expand our course offerings and need someone who can fit in with our close-knit faculty. You will be responsible for designing a curriculum for each course you teach, along with preparing lectures, assignments and assessments. You need to be caring and willing to work closely with students as our class sizes are very small with about 15 students on average per class.
- Prepare and deliver lectures and classwork based upon health specialty topics, including public health, pharmacy, nurse assisting, laboratory technology, dentistry and veterinary medicine
- Monitor students through assignments, tests and exams to assess what they are learning and how well they are retaining the information
- Maintain student records and complete other administrative tasks as needed to track student progress and report to administration about class status
- Create and choose course materials to properly aid students in learning the required information
- Offer help to students as needed outside the classroom by holding office hours and setting up tutoring or other programs to help struggling students
- Advise graduate students and act as a mentor to help them with research projects or in getting experience as a student teacher
- Participate in faculty programs and events to help recruit new students to the school and to help with community relations on behalf of the school
- Conduct research to advance in the health specialties field and to gain new knowledge that can be shared with students
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Doctorate degree in a health specialties field
- Previous teaching experience at any level
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Postdoctoral research experience
- Professional license in a health specialty field
- Familiarity with our college policies and procedures
While writing an eye-catching health specialties teacher job description is a great start, it won’t help you reel in the right candidate until you get it posted. There are many places you can post your job description, but it is most important that you put it in the places where people are most likely to look. You will want to make sure it is on your social media pages and your website.
In addition, it is imperative to post your job description on job boards. However, you will quickly discover that this can be a very time-consuming task. Instead of wasting your time making individual posts, get access to hundreds of sites at once using MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter