Health technologists are responsible for providing specific care in a specialized medical field. They can do so in many specialties, including laboratory testing, diagnostic imaging or surgical assisting. Their duties may involve preparing patients for laboratory or imaging tests, taking medical histories and ensuring all diagnostic equipment is operating properly.
When you create the skills portion of your health technologist job description, it is important to highlight your need for candidates to have a clear understanding of and ability to use technology relevant to their specialty. They should also be detail oriented, with a great ability to follow instructions and perform tests or procedures as ordered by a physician or surgeon.
Many health technologists also take on supervisory roles in their respective departments. Look at the health technologist job description found below to learn more about what to include in your own posting.
Health Technologist Job Summary
As a health technologist, your patients are your number-one priority. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most highly-skilled technologists in your field of expertise at a state-of-the-art medical facility, changing the lives of those you encounter on a daily basis. You will engage in some of the most technically challenging and diverse projects of your career, using only the top diagnostic equipment available to the market. With our facility, your skills and the freedom of your supervisory role, you can get involved in changing lives like never before. We value every member of our team and readily award team members who show their dedication with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.
- Prepare patients for surgery, laboratory testing or diagnostic exams multiple times each day according to proper procedures as set out by your employing medical facility or diagnostic center
- Ensure all diagnostic and testing equipment is properly maintained and running by following all relevant safety procedures and testing protocols
- Maintain detailed records of patient histories that can affect testing, the tests performed and all individual results
- Provide patients with instructions on how, where and when their testing will take place and answer any and all questions they have regarding their care
- Read, interpret and report results to surgeons and physicians, and follow up with patients as directed
- Oversee department in a supervisory role, ensuring all technologists under your guidance adhere to patient safety and regulatory guidelines
- Perform any and all other duties as directed by physicians or supervisors on a daily basis to ensure patient comfort, care and safety remains the number one priority at all times
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- State licensure depending on health technologist specialty
- Valid driver’s license in the state of employment
- CPR certification from a trusted source
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- One or more years of experience working in specialty
When you are trying to find the most qualified candidates to fill a need within your organization, creating a comprehensive, engaging and detailed health technologist job description is the first step you should take. However, no job description will be effective unless qualified potential candidates can find it.
Most hiring managers place ads on dedicated websites, internal message boards, job boards and free websites dedicated to local transactions. While online job boards are the most obvious choice for posting new positions, these postings can be extensive and involve a significant amount of your time. Save yourself the hassle and post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at once with MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter