Writing a good job description requires patience and skill. It also involves knowing how to include information in a way that engages candidates. You don’t want to waste your time looking through the resumes of individuals who are not right for the position you are recruiting for. To make the recruitment process a productive one, take the time to learn how to write an effective and engaging job description. To help you to make the best of your resources, here’s a Health Technologists and Technicians and Other job description sample for you to utilize.
Health Technologists and Technicians and Other Job Description Summary
You’ll perform a variety of functions in a healthcare setting, including diagnostic imaging, laboratory testing and surgical assisting. You’ll be tasked with preparing patients for diagnostic tests, keeping records and maintaining equipment. You’ll work closely with patients and physicians on a daily basis.
Health Technologists and Technicians and Other Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Observes and analyzes patients and patient information, while performing diagnostics procedures.
- Records and interprets patient vital signs and diagnostic results.
- Tests all equipment to ensure compliance and proper operation. Reports all equipment malfunctions in a timely manner to appropriate staff.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and protects sensitive information in accordance with hospital, local, state, federal, HIPAA and JCAHO standards, regulations and laws.
- Administers, reviews and follows up on surveys to ensure all patient information is correct and up-to-date.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Health Technologists and Technicians and Other Job Skills and Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in health related field.
- 2 years of experience as a Health Technician.
- Understanding of diagnostic equipment and procedures.
- Highly motivated individual who pays exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Reliant Lives was founded in 2002 and is a leading healthcare organization that is located in Kissimmee, Florida. We are a fast growing company that manages 40 healthcare facilities across the country. Our mission is to improve the caliber and quality of health in the community by providing low cost treatment and resources to everyone. We strive to make a difference in the world by offering the latest in healthcare services to individuals in need. We encourage all employees to carry on our mission to make their association with us a mutually rewarding one.
Writing a Great Job Description Best Practices
- The above Health Technologists and Technicians and Other job description sample is a great reference for you to refer back to when you encounter challenges writing your own job descriptions. Here are some best practices for you to use to improve the quality and effectiveness of your future job description writing endeavors.
- Do write descriptions with job candidates in mind. If you are looking to attract a certain type of professional for a particular position, use words in the job title and descriptions they would search for.
- Do include 10-15 job responsibilities and duties in bulleted list form. Start each one with an action verb. List them in order of importance.
- Do include a company profile or summary. Give candidates a short snippet that makes a big statement about your company’s mission, values and culture.
- Do make it easy to apply. Avoid making candidates go through a lengthy application process or you may not have a good size pool of interested or properly qualified applicants to choose from.
- Don’t write a book to describe everything about the position you are recruiting for. Instead, write your summary so that it is concise and straight to the point. Only incorporate the most important duties, functions and other vital information.
- Don’t leave potential applicants hanging with no way to contact you or to inquire about the position. Always include an email address or some other contact information for applicants to use if they have questions about the position.
- Don’t just post your job description in one location. Visibility is key to generating a better response. Post your job description on your company’s career page and job boards. Increase exposure by promoting it on social media and other popular communities that job seekers tend to frequent.
- Don’t forget to proof your work for accuracy, spelling and grammar issues before posting.
This Health Technologists and Technicians and Other job description sample is an excellent example of how your job descriptions should look in order to attract the most qualified professionals to your organization. Hone your job description writing skills now to help your organization grow and maintain a productive and healthy culture.
Want to use this job description?
Health Technologists and Technicians Job Responsibilities
As you write your health technologists and technicians job description, keep the tips mentioned here in mind. If you know who your new hire will work with every day, include this information with your list of duties. The responsibilities you list should not be every task jobseekers will do, but only the ones that contribute to the success of the position. If candidates will fill an eclectic role in your company, consider inserting links to material that will help jobseekers better understand your expectations. This can be especially helpful if developing this material is central to the position.
Although the health technologists and technicians job responsibilities may seem like a small part of the job description, they are some of the most vital components. This is because jobseekers often base their decision to apply on how these responsibilities are laid out. Tasks that demonstrate the heart of the position help jobseekers determine whether they are a good fit.
The responsibilities listed below are some you may wish to include in your health technologists and technicians job description:
- Conduct clinical tests and record results
- Identify problems with medical technology and implement solutions
- Set up and maintain equipment and understand software for each machine
- Resolve problems independently
Health Technologists and Technicians Job Specifications
The qualifications and skills section is one part of your health technologists and technicians job description you shouldn’t compromise on. This section communicates what your new hire needs to be capable of upon starting at your company. When it is well-written, jobseekers understand if their own qualifications match those you are seeking. Your list of top-priority skills can help your hiring manager sort through the job applicants and identify the ones who will be serious contenders for the position.
When you put together the skills you want your new hire to have, remember to emphasize the attributes jobseekers absolutely must have. You can do this by creating two qualifications sections in your health technologists and technicians job description. The first one should contain the skills you cannot compromise on, such as technical expertise. The second list should be the qualifications you would prefer but do not necessarily need, such as a particular education level. Organize both of these lists with bullet points so that jobseekers can scan them quickly.
Use the following qualifications as examples of the skills you may want to include in your health technologists and technicians job specifications:
- License to operate the relevant medical equipment
- Excellent communication skills to convey information to all members of the department
- Associate of Arts or at least two years of experience working in a clinical trial setting
- Exceptional coordination to work with technical equipment