Home appliance repairers install, repair and perform maintenance on a variety of devices. They work on ovens, dryers, washers and refrigerators within residential or commercial properties.
Since repairers will routinely be meeting with customers at their houses, your home appliance repairer job description should state the importance of having good personal skills. Knowledge of basic marketing principles is good as well because these professionals should be capable of selling services or new devices to prospective clients.
Repairers also need to be proficient in a variety of hand and power tools. They need to know their way around various electrical systems and pipes. If you are uncertain how exactly to convey all the information you need, examine the home appliance repairer job description template here.
Home Appliance Repairer Job Summary
Are you a fan of working with your hands and helping other people? Our organization is in the process of some big expansions where we are taking on many new clients, and we require a new home appliance repairer to account for this new business. Sometimes you will have the opportunity to work on your own, but other times you will work with a friendly team to assist clients with their appliance problems. You will also have the chance to expand your knowledge and experience with a variety of tools with paid on-the-job training if necessary. We value our team members and provide managerial training for those interested when positions open. Apply today, and you can soon work for an awesome team.
- Install appliances within a building and inform the customer of how to properly use the machine and what needs to be done for routine maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues as they come up, and replace any broken components, such as belts, transmissions, wiring and bearings
- Record all the work that was done on the work site in order to bill the customer later
- Visit work site before doing any work, and provide customers with an accurate estimate of how much a specific job will cost
- Maintain inventory of all the company’s tools and spare parts, and recommend restocking when needed
- Observe appliances after a job is complete to ensure it performs its desired function
- Disassemble appliances when it is necessary to find the damaged part, and reassemble appliance perfectly afterward
- Offer emergency services when necessary and occasionally be on call during evenings to assist customers who are experience drastic problems
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to push, pull and lift heavy pieces of equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Previous experience working with appliances
- Certification in home appliance maintenance
- Certification in HVAC processes
Take plenty of time writing your home appliance repairer job description. You want to make sure everything you want to get across is expressed. After that, you have another task ahead of you: posting the description in places qualified jobseekers will find it. Luckily, that process is simpler than you probably realize.
There truly are countless places to post your job description. For starters, you should advertise on sites you already have easy access to, such as your website or LinkedIn account. It should only take a few minutes to post to those sites, but after that, you want to turn your attention to job boards. Hundreds of job boards are out there, which makes posting to all of them seem daunting. Fortunately, MightyRecruiter allows you to post jobs for free to many sites at once, making this an easy process to get through.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter