Home appliance repairers install, repair and perform maintenance on a variety of devices. They work on ovens, dryers, washers and refrigerators within residential or commercial properties.
Since repairers will routinely be meeting with customers at their houses, your home appliance repairer job description should state the importance of having good personal skills. Knowledge of basic marketing principles is good as well because these professionals should be capable of selling services or new devices to prospective clients.
Repairers also need to be proficient in a variety of hand and power tools. They need to know their way around various electrical systems and pipes. If you are uncertain how exactly to convey all the information you need, examine the home appliance repairer job description template here.
Home Appliance Repairer Job Summary
Are you a fan of working with your hands and helping other people? Our organization is in the process of some big expansions where we are taking on many new clients, and we require a new home appliance repairer to account for this new business. Sometimes you will have the opportunity to work on your own, but other times you will work with a friendly team to assist clients with their appliance problems. You will also have the chance to expand your knowledge and experience with a variety of tools with paid on-the-job training if necessary. We value our team members and provide managerial training for those interested when positions open. Apply today, and you can soon work for an awesome team.
- Install appliances within a building and inform the customer of how to properly use the machine and what needs to be done for routine maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues as they come up, and replace any broken components, such as belts, transmissions, wiring and bearings
- Record all the work that was done on the work site in order to bill the customer later
- Visit work site before doing any work, and provide customers with an accurate estimate of how much a specific job will cost
- Maintain inventory of all the company’s tools and spare parts, and recommend restocking when needed
- Observe appliances after a job is complete to ensure it performs its desired function
- Disassemble appliances when it is necessary to find the damaged part, and reassemble appliance perfectly afterward
- Offer emergency services when necessary and occasionally be on call during evenings to assist customers who are experience drastic problems
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to push, pull and lift heavy pieces of equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Previous experience working with appliances
- Certification in home appliance maintenance
- Certification in HVAC processes
Home Appliance Repairer Job Responsibilities
When you write your home appliance repairer job responsibilities section, expect it to be the longest and most substantial section in the job posting. Just ensure that it is well-written. Start by using bullet points to list 6-8 of the most essential and representative duties of the position. Action verbs at the start of the points attract the attention of jobseekers, increasing the success of the posting. Most jobseekers spend less than a minute deciding whether to apply to the job. Win them over with a strong description of the role.
Not only can you attract more jobseekers with a strong job responsibilities section in your home appliance repairer job description, you also appeal to stronger candidates. Rather than spending weeks or months sifting through piles of inappropriate applicants, you can receive a pool of qualified candidates right away. From here, you should easily discover the right person for the job.
To assist you in writing this section in your own home appliance repairer job description, we have included the following examples:
- Inspect appliances to determine the cause of problems and determine the appropriate repair
- Service appliances, including ovens, refrigerators, washers, dryers and dishwashers
- Disassemble appliances as needed and replace any broken, worn down or defective parts before reassembling the appliance
- Test appliances after the repair to ensure it works appropriately
Home Appliance Repairer Job Specifications
How do you hire the best candidates and increase employee retention? You flush out your job qualifications and skills section to impart the essential criteria for the job. Jobseekers review this information and use it to determine whether to apply for the position, so that applicants already have the essential training, education and skill set on the first day of the job. This reduces the risk of unqualified applicants making it through the interview process only to decide to leave soon after starting the job, forcing you to start the search process all over again.
What information should you include in your home appliance repairer job specifications? This varies from company to company. Discuss the position with associated personnel to find out the important skills and qualifications for the role. Then, make two lists: required and preferred. As jobseekers review the home appliance repairer job description, they will understand which skills are necessary and which they might learn on the job if they do not already have them.
Included below is a list of example requirements and skills to use on your home appliance repairer job description:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of applicable experience
- National Appliance Service Technician certification or Certified Appliance Professionals certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills