Any time you post a job opening online, you can expect to receive quite a few resumes, regardless of what the specific job is. Ideally, most of those resumes will be from qualified candidates, and any of them would make a superb addition to your workforce. However, many times, a lot of those resumes are from people who are simply not qualified for the line of work, and you waste a good amount of time reading through subpar papers. You should take the necessary steps to ensure a more impressive crop of applicants, and one way to do that is to ensure you post the right information like this certified nursing assistant – home health job description sample.
Certified Nursing Assistant – Home Health Job Summary
With your expertise in the field of medicine, you will be a valuable asset in patient’s home. Your oversight will allow people to remain in the comfort of their own home and provide any necessary health and personal services. You will also need to interact with the patient’s family and inform them of anything they need to do for their loved one.
Certified Nursing Assistant – Home Health Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor a patient’s vital signs, record all data and offer recommendations for any changes in treatment if needed
- Help all patients care for themselves, which can include making sure they get enough exercise, eat properly and remain intellectually stimulated
- Dispense medications and administer any other treatments
- Educate family members and friends about the best way to care for their loved one whenever you cannot be present
- Remain knowledgeable of a patient’s dietary restrictions and make meals that adhere to any limitations
- Maintain a safe environment in the home by making sure everything remains clean and tidy and that there are no obstructions in walkways
- Update your medical knowledge regularly in order to remain up-to-date on the latest practices
Certified Nursing Assistant – Home Health Skills and Qualifications
- Complete a CNA training course
- Background in nutrition, nursing or physiology
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships and maintain a personable demeanor
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Available 24/7
Ever since 1992, Kern Valley Communities has been providing assistance to a wide range of people. From the elderly to individuals who have suffered severe bodily injuries, we make sure that everyone is able to get the care they need from the comfort of their own home. Using the most advanced technologies and practices available today, we offer a number of treatments for patients in the area.
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- While this certified nursing assistant – home health job description sample is pretty good, you will obviously need to change some of the material so that it is relevant to your company and the position you have available. As you are customizing your description, you will also want to make sure you are following these rules:
- Do include as many details about the position as you can. You should include information related to when the job would start, who the nursing assistant would report to and whether the job is full-time or part-time.
- Do talk with your current nursing assistants to see if there is anything they would change or include. They may have valuable insight about the position that you are unaware of.
- Do not make the job description any more than 700 words. With that being said, you also should not make it too short to the point where the reader has no clue what the position will entail.
- Do talk about some perks if you can. While you may not be able to discuss salary and health benefits at this time, you should talk about what advantages a nursing assistant would gain from this job.
- Do figure out what you need and what you want. Items that you need from a candidate should never be compromised. However, if you simply want something, then you should still consider a candidate who does not have it but shows the potential for growth.
- Do make it straightforward regarding how a job seeker should apply. Include the relevant email address, and clearly state if you need a cover letter, list of references or anything else.
By using the certified nursing assistant – home health job description sample as a base, you will be able to write your own description that perfectly encapsulates what you need in an employee.
Home Health Certified Nursing Assistant Job Responsibilities
In the medical profession, there are many different tasks an employee might have to perform. With your home health certified nursing assistant job description, you have the opportunity to let jobseekers know what they can expect from working for your company. The job responsibilities section of your job listing should be the most substantial part, telling potential candidates what they will do from day to day and what responsibilities they may oversee. Create a bulleted list that emphasizes the most important duties, using short statements that begin with an action word. This helps the candidate envision himself or herself in the position.
Some nursing assistant jobs require working with a special population, such as memory care clients. If this applies to your company, list it with your home health certified nursing assistant job responsibilities. You may find a better match for your position if jobseekers understand the type of clients they will have. Don’t forget to include any responsibilities that may require physical exertion, such as lifting and moving clients. The more precise you are in describing the work, the better your candidate pool will be.
Check out this list of responsibilities you can use for your home health certified nursing assistant job description:
- Assist clients with planning and preparing meals
- Perform light housekeeping, including sanitizing bathrooms
- Aid clients with daily living, including grooming, toileting, dressing, etc.
- Help clients function at the highest level possible in their own home
Home Health Certified Nursing Assistant Job Specifications
How much experience should your nursing assistant have? Are you willing to train on the job? Does he or she need a certain amount of education? Answer these questions and you are well on your way to writing the job qualifications and skills section of your home health certified nursing assistant job description. Are some qualifications required while others are preferred? Make a concise list and be clear about the background your company requires. Use bullet points for a professional look.
Make sure your skills and qualifications reflect every aspect of the job. For example, a nursing assistant should have great people skills and some medical knowledge, so include those among your home health certified nursing assistant job specifications. Consult with your hiring manager if you need further ideas. It’s a waste of your time to peruse applications from candidates who aren’t suited for the job or won’t fit with your company. A well-articulated home health certified nursing assistant job description will let jobseekers know exactly what you expect.
Below are some nursing assistant specifications you might use:
- Current CNA license and driver’s license
- Must be 18 years old
- High school diploma required
- Good communication skills
- Compassion and patience
- CPR certification preferred