Crafting a thorough job description is a significant component of hiring an individual that fits perfectly in your company. As a recruiter or hiring manager, spending hours of your day sifting through resumes of individuals who are not qualified for the position is a huge waste of time. Using a well-written Admissions Supervisor – Hospital job description sample enables you to weed out applicants who aren’t qualified for the position or interested in your company. Writing a good job description before the resumes begin to flood in can save you from the chore of sorting through mounds of unqualified applicants.
Admissions Supervisor – Hospital Job Description Sample
To assist you with drafting a solid job description, we have included an Admissions Supervisor – Hospital job description sample below.
Admissions Supervisor – Hospital Job Summary
You will be tasked with supervising the admissions of patients into the hospital. You will also orient patients, families, and relatives to the hospital admissions process by managing information requirements to maximize benefits. You will ultimately protect and serve the hospital community, patients, and employees by assuring adherence to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards, hospital policies and procedures, professional standards, and Federal, state, and local requirements.
Admissions Supervisor – Hospital Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizes workflow for timely and reliable team performance
- Supervises work schedules to ensure proper and adequate shift coverage at all times
- Selects and assigns orientation of new staff and training
- Evaluates performance and delegates staff responsibilities
- Counsels employees on problem areas related to performance and registration
- Works with team members to generate personal development plans, identify areas for growth, and enhance performance
- Performs performance appraisals and interviews, and provides feedback and coaching to staff regarding the policies and procedures of admissions
- Gives input for and ensures compliance with established organizational objectives, policies, environmental, infectious control, and safety standards
- Maintains the ability to leverage technology by optimizing internal resources and improving the quality of information and workflows
- Participates in administrative staff meetings
- Leads departmental meetings and contributes to methods to improve quality of hospital operations
- Enhances patient care by implementing admissions functions that interface with the professional and nursing staff
- Reviews operational reports to identify opportunities and problems
- Promotes and strengthens team-based results
- Maintains professional development by participating in professional societies, reviewing professional publications, and attending educational workshops
Admissions Supervisor – Hospital Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in hospital admitting and patient registration
- Aptitude working in multiple software systems
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Knowledge of ABN, MSP, and other relevant Federal and corporate guidelines such as HIPAA
- Expertise in communicating co-payment and deductible collections made by staff
- Ability to work ambiguously in fast-paced environment
- Ability to ensure accuracy of information entered by registration staff
PHR Hospital was established in 1994 with the mission of making the health system function better for everyone. Our primary goal is to be leaders in the industry and uncover innovative methods to serve those who need help. We base our advanced principles on placing health care where it needs to go to reach its fullest potential. For our employees, that means being members of high performing teams facing multiple challenges.
Hospital Admissions Supervisor Job Responsibilities
Just as jobseekers’ resumes tell you about their professional experience and abilities, your hospital admissions supervisor job description tells them the daily duties and responsibilities of the position. It’s important to be clear and accurate to ensure potential applicants understand the demands of the position. Double check the article to catch any spelling errors, typos or other mistakes to ensure the text is well written.
Since this section of your hospital admissions supervisor job description contains the most information, it will be easiest for jobseekers to read and understand when formatted in a list of bullet points so each duty is separate and distinct. Beginning each responsibility with an active verb is also helpful, as it allows jobseekers to envision themselves taking on those responsibilities. To keep from overwhelming potential applicants, restrict yourself to 6-8 of the most important duties. Here are some examples of possible hospital admissions supervisor job responsibilities for use in your job description:
- Supervise inpatient and outpatient admissions and completion of preliminary paperwork
- Perform intake screenings on incoming patients and continuing patients as required
- Manage the daily staffing schedule, and ensure appropriate distribution of staff assignments and workload
- Review department performance by conducting observations, audits and statistical analysis to maximize operational performance
Hospital Admissions Supervisor Job Specifications
The job qualifications and skills section of your hospital admissions supervisor job description is brief in comparison to the job responsibilities section, but it’s just as important. This section is where jobseekers learn the necessary education, skills and qualifications required before they’re eligible to apply. Since some organizations require hospital admissions supervisors to have specific degrees or licensures that others do not, it’s especially important to provide a clear and accurate list of requirements.
To avoid sifting through resumes from candidates under-qualified for the position, meet with your hiring manager before writing this section to compile a list of necessary hospital admissions supervisor job specifications. When you know your most desired skills and experience, break the list down further into “required” and “preferred” qualifications so applicants know quickly if they are qualified to apply and if they’re likely to rise to the top of the list of applicants.
Here is a selection of qualifications and skills to consider including in your hospital admissions supervisor job description: