Filling your workplace with bright, dedicated employees is something you likely aspire to, but getting there can be a bit of a journey. Identifying, recruiting and hiring top talent is an important yet tricky process. It isn’t easy to lure the best candidates your way, but luckily there are a few key actions you can take to get closer to your goal. Your job description is the first impression most candidates will have of your company, so if you want to let applicants know you’re a great place to apply, you need to publish a great job description. Luckily, there are some guidelines to follow while you write that can make this goal much easier to achiever. The Billing Coordinator – Hospital job description sample presented here might give you some ideas for how to present your company and the open position.
Billing Coordinator – Hospital Job Description Sample
The Billing Coordinator – Hospital job description sample below is a template for what a posting may look like for an open position. You may use it to guide you as you begin composing your own job description for a Billing Coordinator – Hospital position.
Billing Coordinator – Hospital Job Summary
The Billing Coordinator – Hospital position is a position that typically reports to the Payroll or Human Resources manager. Daily tasks entail interacting with patients and hospital management to gather information about each person’s visit and services received. The position primarily focuses on compiling, organizing and entering the documents necessary to calculate charges for patients as well as resolving any discrepancies which may arise during this process.
Billing Coordinator – Hospital Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Gather each patient’s chart in a designated department
- Sort charts and other documents related to care in order of treatment time
- Accurately calculate, report and send billing information for patients
- Factor in charges for procedures completed in departments such as the ICU or ER
- Reconciles discrepancies between data gathered and submissions
- Enter all information into patient’s account system
Billing Coordinator – Hospital Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication
Overlake General Hospital is a full-service medical facility, including an emergency room and intensive care unit, serving patients in Southern California. We provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients in our community. They may suffer from challenges ranging from chronic ailments to a fracture, but no matter what the issue in question is, our devoted health care providers treat it with care and expertise. We believe in furthering the health of our community by building partnerships that emphasize wellbeing and lifelong activity. In addition to the medical care we provide, we offer preventive programs to help people stay fit and healthy all year long. Our staff is an invaluable part of this pursuit, so we offer competitive salaries and a nurturing work environment to all medical and administrative staff members.
Hospital Billing Coordinator Job Responsibilities
Countless people come and go through the doors of a hospital every day. Most of these people are there to receive medical treatment, and each one of these treatments gets billed to their account. Coding every procedure and accurately compiling patients’ bills can be daunting, but if you are looking for somebody to fill this position, you first need to write the best hospital billing coordinator job description you can.
A crucial (and the longest) part of your description will be the hospital billing coordinator job responsibilities section. This is the part of the job posting that will tell your applicants what to expect from the day to day of the position. Using tactics such as action verbs and bullet points can make these responsibilities seem both accessible and exciting. It is typical to include between six and eight bullet points outlining responsibilities in your hospital billing coordinator job description. Here are some examples:
- Identify and record correct codes for medical procedures indicated on doctors’ notes following procedures
- Maintain proper billing procedures throughout the entire billing cycle, including follow up whenever necessary
- Provide support and explanation to patients seeking further information regarding the items that appear on their bill
- Discover and correct any errors and maintain due diligence in preventing such errors from occurring
Hospital Billing Coordinator Job Specifications
The hospital billing coordinator is an important position in patients’ health care experiences. Once you have explained to prospective applicants what the job entails, you should indicate what the requirements for the position are. This is what the job qualifications and skills section is for.
In this part of the hospital billing coordinator job description, applicants will be looking for a list of the minimum qualifications required to meet the position’s requirements for consideration. Being as specific as possible is a great way to deter under- and overqualified applicants from flooding your inbox and wasting your time.
As far as formatting goes, much like your responsibilities section, sticking to bullet points is a good idea for your hospital billing coordinator job specifications section. In addition to the required minimum qualifications, you may consider providing preferred qualifications in a separate list. Altogether, though, you should have no fewer than six and no more than eight specifications in your hospital billing coordinator job description. Consider these for inspiration:
- Completion of associate degree of training program in medical billing
- 1-3 years of experience
- Exemplary written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with health care terminology and environment
- Commitment to providing excellent patient care and service