HR business partners usually rank the highest in seniority in an organization’s human resources department. Often, these individuals are experts in their related industry and each undertake specific responsibilities in the realm of human resource management. Responsibilities could include recruiting, hiring, training, establishing payroll structures, assembling benefits packages, succession planning, creating employee education programs, analyzing industry benchmark data and overseeing performance evaluations and employee discipline when necessary.
Your HR business partner job description should highlight an applicant’s need for critical skills such as leadership, interpersonal communication and an understanding of organizational structures. Other competencies including integrity, critical thinking, problem solving and time management are also important.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate confident decision-making skills and the ability to listen. This HR business partner job description is an example of how you may choose to organize and format your content.
HR Business Partner Job Summary
As an HR business partner at our corporate headquarters, you will be working with a team of skilled and talented human resource professionals. You will experience a versatile array of responsibilities ranging from recruiting and training to market research and analysis to developing benefits packages. Drawing from the strengths of your teammates, you have the unlimited opportunity to develop and refine critical skills, including leadership, communication, problem solving and decision making. You will be working closely with company employees to implement practices that are conducive to a productive and satisfactory work environment. If you are committed to working with integrity and enthusiasm to better organizational processes and create an optimal work experience for employees, then this job is for you.
- Participate in job fairs and recruiting efforts to identify and educate applicants about job openings; collaborate with departmental managers to understand hiring needs
- Oversee new employee orientation, including the creation and distribution of badges and building access (if required) and setting up personal records and intranet access
- Provide trainings for new employees regarding company policies, confidentiality requirements, payroll structures and the specifications and details of respective benefits packages
- Analyze industry data to create payroll structures that accurately reflect an employee’s experience, daily responsibilities and level of management; use benchmarking data to verify that salaries are competitive with what other companies are offering
- Coordinate benefits packages and ensure that employees understand how to use their benefits to eliminate under-utilized resources or misunderstandings
- Create employee betterment resources for continued education and assistance in strengthening core competencies; see that all data is readily accessible to interested participants
- Report and present regularly to executive management and board members to assess how effectively human resource initiatives are enabling organizational objectives
- Undertake all responsibilities with a superior commitment to ethical practices, integrity and confidentiality of sensitive information
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field
- Five to eight years of management experience
- Leadership and communication skills
- Master’s degree in organizational behavior or related field
- Experience in hiring, recruiting and training employees
The first step in successfully recruiting an experienced applicant is preparing a polished HR business partner job description. From here, you must carefully select what methods you will use in sharing your information. It is imperative that you guarantee that whatever channels you use are reputable and reminiscent of your company’s reputation. Some examples include referral programs, a posting to your designated company website, participation in a job fair or even social media advertisement.
Online job boards are another excellent resource to share information quickly without a lot of required resources. Applicants can quickly filter search results to find jobs that align with their skillset and interests. For help getting started, use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter