HR coordinators oversee the well-being of their companies’ personnel. They recruit, hire and train new employees, manage benefits programs and mediate interpersonal conflicts. They also create and implement educational programs and develop business strategies with their fellow upper-level employees.
Most HR coordinators have at least a bachelor’s degree, and they usually have completed coursework in psychology and conflict management. While it is optional, some choose to obtain human resources certifications that designate them as experts in the profession. Your HR coordinator job description should note your preferred level of experience and certification for candidates.
Because their work is devoted entirely to interacting with other people, HR coordinators should be personable and have strong social skills. They should also be very organized so they can keep track of their various projects. For more information about what to include in your HR coordinator job description, see the document below.
HR Coordinator Job Summary
We are seeking an HR coordinator to enrich our company culture and keep our employees thriving. Use your expertise to recruit, hire and train employees who demonstrate potential to flourish in our work environment, and become instrumental in the continued accomplishment of our company’s mission. You will have the chance to improve the lives of our employees by assisting them during difficult periods and advising them on career advancement opportunities. As a member of the executive team, you will collaborate with your fellow executives to develop strategies for the long-term success of our company, and you will have the freedom to accomplish these strategies by developing and implementing programs as you see fit.
- Facilitate cooperation and understanding between management and employees by mediating conflicts, reviewing contracts and explaining company processes and policies
- Update and enforce policies regarding sexual harassment, equal employment and other sensitive topics related to personnel
- Ascertain departments in need of employee augmentation, collaborate with existing employees to develop accurate job descriptions and strategically distribute job descriptions across recruitment networks
- Identify promising job applicants, conduct interviews and hire and train new employees, matching them to positions befitting their levels of experience and potential
- Study emerging industrial/organizational psychology research, compare findings to existing company practices and develop recommendations for process improvements when evidence suggests that change is necessary
- Develop educational programs regarding company policies and benefits, and present programs to employees approximately once per month
- Evaluate benefits package options annually, altering packages as necessary to ensure most positive outcomes for company and employees
- Encourage company morale by developing incentive programs, coordinating employee recognition ceremonies and planning one company celebration per quarter
Job Skills & Qualifications
- B.A. in business, social sciences or related field
- Eight years’ experience working in human resources
- Exceptional written and oral communicator
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills
- WorldatWork certification or equivalent
- Extremely organized, able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Once you have finished your HR coordinator job description, it is time to make it available to job hunters. If you want to connect with premium candidates, then you should choose your recruiting outlets carefully. One way to find good employees is to circulate your job opening throughout your company, asking existing employees for referrals. You may also get positive results from placing classified ads in your local newspapers.
No matter what other methods you choose, job boards should definitely play a role in your recruitment campaign. They will help you reach large groups of jobseekers, giving you more candidates from which to choose your employees. Of course, you might not have the time to post your job description to one board after another. Instead, you can sign up for MightyRecruiter and post jobs for free to hundreds of boards with just a few clicks.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter