Putting effort into writing a solid human resources business partner job description can help you recruit better leaders. This job is primarily focused on managing the hiring and recruiting practices of a business. Such partners also are key players in developing the company’s strategy for employee relations with management.
It’s required for someone in this position to have at least a bachelor’s degree in human resources. A human resources business partner should also have a lengthy resume of experience spanning more than five years. Being certified in the human resources field is another plus to look for.
This high-level job title commands top interpersonal skills and leadership ability. The best candidates also should have excellent decision-making skills and be competent speakers. Here you can see a human resources business partner job description template that provides more details.
Human Resources Business Partner Job Summary
Looking for a new opportunity where you can help shape an organization’s employment policies? We are searching for a human resources business partner to help lead our organization toward the next level of success. The human resources business partner is the main point of contact in the personnel department and supervises our recruiting, hiring, interviewing and training processes. As our human resources business partner, you would also be responsible for handling benefits administration, employee leave, payroll and other administrative functions. We are looking for someone with a unique management method that motivates our employees to work their best and helps foster better relationships between workers and supervisory staff.
- Act as a liaison between managers and staff members by developing solutions to work conflicts, reviewing employment documentation and providing information
- Revise salary details and benefits packages for employees by researching the position and industry standards and following all required regulations
- Counsel management and business owners about pertinent employment laws and how they impact the organization’s policies
- Deliver disciplinary action to employees when required and conduct layoffs and terminations when organization leaders determine a need
- Oversee new employee recruiting practices by determining vacant positions and developing effective strategies to attract, interview and secure new hires
- Advise new and current employees of their salary, benefits, leave amounts and other employment details at the hiring date or after each performance review
- Supervise the human resources team of staff members and coordinate all projects and responsibilities of each employee in the department
- Design new employee training programs that introduce staff members to their responsibilities and the corporate culture at the organization
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or management
- At least five years of experience in human resources
- Solid understanding of employment law and procedures
- Top communication and people skills
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Certification in human resources management
Writing a human resources business partner job description can be a challenge because of the high level of this position. Once you feel confident about your job posting, you can start to consider ways to advertise for the new job opening.
Individuals interested in working as human resources business partners usually seek out specific opportunities, so posting your job description on your website is smart. Some of these types of jobs are filled by executive recruiters or through intense networking from people in the industry. Social media postings can also help your company get the word out about the need for a new business partner. If you want an easy way to reach more people, you should try posting on the internet. MightyRecruiter can help employers post jobs for free to a wide variety of online job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter