Industrial engineering technicians are responsible for assisting industrial engineers with design implementation and creating plans for materials, machines and personnel to work together effectively. They have numerous duties, including preparing equipment layouts, conducting statistical studies, planning work activities and analyzing costs.
On your industrial engineering technician job description, you should include a skills section that details the attributes your ideal candidate should have. For instance, industrial engineering technicians should have outstanding analytical and critical-thinking skills to be able to effectively solve problems and analyze the effects of actions.
Also, mathematical skills are crucial for industrial engineering technicians. They use mathematical principles for design, analysis and troubleshooting of issues. Take a look at the industrial engineering technician job description template below to get a good idea of just what to include.
Industrial Engineering Technician Job Summary
As an industrial engineering technician with our local company, you will be part of a hardworking team of engineers where you will use your skills and knowledge to provide assistance with work activities. Your responsibilities will include designing new and innovative equipment and materials, testing products for functioning and quality and analyzing data to write reports. You will have the opportunity to utilize your exceptional design, problem-solving and technical skills while working in a team-oriented setting. This position is excellent for anyone who is goal-driven and searching for a company where they can grow.
- Help design materials and equipment, and recommend adjustments to operation, layout and material-handling methods to increase productivity and production and to ensure all standards are met
- Ensure equipment is maintained and operated according to safety and quality-assurance standards, and monitor worker performance
- Interpret drawings, formulas and schematic diagrams for both engineering and management staff members
- Test products at certain stages during the process of production to ensure they properly adhere to performance specifications
- Gather and analyze statistical data to figure out if products are reliable and of high quality, and make suggestions on where improvements could be made
- Analyze and improve systems currently in place to make decision-making and planning efforts more efficient
- Create and maintain spreadsheets that will be used by other departments for making improvements in quality and productivity
- Monitor the manufacturing process and advise management on ways in which they can minimize costs and maximize current resources
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Associate degree in engineering or related field
- Must be precise and accurate
- Ability to multi-task well
- Highly motivated with excellent problem solving skills a must
- Previous experience as an engineering technician
- Experience using CAD
If you want to attract talented and skilled job candidates, writing a solid and comprehensive industrial engineering technician job description is a must. That is the first step to finding the employees you want. Next, you’ve got to decide on where you will post your description. People seeking jobs will look in numerous places online, so make good use of the internet. Your social networks are a great place to post your description, as well as your own company website. You can even use referrals from your employees to find candidates for the job.
One of the best ways to reach numerous candidates effectively is to post your job description to online job boards. If you are concerned that posting to so many places at once will be time consuming, there is no need to worry. With the help of MightyRecruiter, you will be able to post jobs to hundreds of online boards at once for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter