Industrial machinery mechanics are tasked with keeping the assembly, packaging or manufacturing machines in an industrial environment operational. They troubleshoot issues, examine the machinery and evaluate their condition. Most importantly, machinery mechanics perform repairs on machines that have been damaged due to use or operator errors. Mechanics may also make recommendations for upgrades and estimate how much longer machines will continue to function safely.
The most important skill to emphasize on your industrial machinery mechanic job description is mechanical knowledge. Mechanics need to understand how the specific equipment used in your company are assembled and operated, as well as how to maintain them.
Other skills you should include in your description include communication, organization, physical strength, dexterity and administration. In order to make your industrial machinery mechanic job description as strong as possible, review the following example and implement these writing tips.
Industrial Machinery Mechanic Job Summary
Join our dynamic team, helping make the manufacturing floor of our business safer and more efficient. We are looking for talented industrial machinery mechanics who are familiar setting up, maintaining and repairing standard industrial manufacturing machinery. You must be able to troubleshoot issues, identify symptoms and have confidence when something is wrong. We value the safety of our machine operators above everything else, so we need machinery mechanics who are able to spot malfunctions and take the steps necessary to correct them before they create a dangerous situation. You should have excellent mechanical knowledge, experience working with machinery and strong communication skills.
- Observe the operation of manufacturing machinery, paying attention to small details and symptoms to identify issues that need correcting, either in operator error or mechanical malfunction
- Test machines to confirm the presence or absence of issues, making recommendations for continued operation based on the results
- Disassemble malfunctioning or damaged machines, performing repairs or replacing worn or broken parts to ensure the safe continued operation of the machines
- Operate repaired machine to confirm it is fully functional
- Clean, test and lubricate machine parts every other day to keep them functioning properly
- Evaluate the efficiency of each machine, making recommendations for practices or upgrades to improve output rates without compromising operator safety
- Perform market research to identify new machine types and models that will improve the manufacturing process, creating reports to be presented to superiors
- Demonstrate the correct operation practices to employees who are making mistakes, and train new recruits to operate the machinery safely
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Two or three years’ working experience in manufacturing or mechanics
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or manufacturing engineering
Keep in mind that creating a strong industrial machinery mechanic job description is only the beginning of the hiring process. After you have written your job description, it is time to get it posted where as many talented professionals can see it as possible. One of the very best places to advertise open positions is on online job boards. These sources receive some of the best numbers of job seekers on the internet.
To make posting to online job boards simpler, turn to MightyRecruiter. Our free posting tools make it possible to post your job description to hundreds of boards simultaneously. This will maximize the number of responses you receive from talented and capable machinery mechanics. Find out more about how MightyRecruiter can help you the next time you are looking for new recruits for your company.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter