Industrial production managers are in charge of overseeing production facilities. They may manage employees, assign tasks, maintain records and handle any issues that may come up. It is the manager’s job to ensure that all production on his or her shift is efficient while producing the best possible product quality.
As you put together your industrial production manager job description, you will want to highlight the importance of good communication skills, an attention to detail and leadership ability. Potential candidates need to be aware that a manager should be able to work with a range of people and have excellent skills in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
An industrial production manager should also be skilled in production with experience in being responsible for other workers. To discover how to craft your own job ad, take a look at the following industrial production manager job description.
Industrial Production Manager Job Summary
Looking for an experienced industrial production manager who is ready to become a vital part of a medium-sized production facility. You will work with a team of managers who cooperate their efforts to ensure lines stay on target and downtime is minimized. We look to our managers to provide excellent leadership while overseeing employees to ensure safety and a high production quality. Put your organizational and people skills to work in this exciting career with potential for growth and advancement to senior management positions. We value our employees through offering a safe and supportive work environment with incentives and bonuses available as part of the employment package.
- Review production schedules and use them to create employee work schedules, manage inventory levels and ensure production is on track based on current orders
- Oversee employees work, including hiring, training and managing disciplinary incidents
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with maintenance crew and other administrative staff to resolve production issues and minimize waste when possible
- Create systems to monitor production quality, maintenance and overall operations, along with producing accurate records based on the information collected
- Maintain budget and manage staffing, production and other details to ensure costs stay within the set limits
- Enforce company policies and ensure standards are maintained, including that all disciplinary actions are conducted in a fair and equal manner
- Train employees on safety procedures and ensure they follow all guidelines and use all safety equipment provided, along with addressing any safety issues as soon as they are reported or become apparent
- Communicate with department heads about employee, production and inventory concerns, issues or statuses to ensure upper management is kept updated on current conditions on the production floor
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Three years of experience working in industrial production
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Computer proficiency
- Professional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to management
A strong industrial production manager job description is necessary to attract only the best candidates and get the position filled as soon as possible. Equally important to having a well-written job ad is ensuring you post your job description in the proper places. It should always be on your website and social media pages, but you also want to make sure you get it out there on job boards.
These boards are frequented by those actively looking for positions, so they are a great source for candidates. Posting on job boards can be a very time-consuming process, though. To help streamline the process, you can use MightyRecruiter to help you post jobs for free on hundreds of boards at one time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter