Sales representatives are professionals who implement selling and negotiation techniques to make sales to manufacturers, other businesses or individuals. Inside sales representatives specifically make these sales through phone calls, emails or methods that do not require them to leave the building. Unlike outside sales representatives, these professionals are typically not required to go on sales trips or meet with clients in person.
To attract the most talented professionals, you should include essential job requirements on your inside sales rep job description. Communication, customer service and sales skills are the most vital, so you should emphasize those most of all.
It can also be beneficial to include secondary attributes, such as critical thinking, decision making, self-confidence or leadership. While these skills are not at the core of the position, they are integrated on a daily basis. The following inside sales rep job description will demonstrate how to include this information.
Inside Sales Rep Job Summary
If you are charismatic and confident, we want you to join our dynamic team of sales representatives. As an inside sales rep, you will put the negotiation and interpersonal communication skills you have developed to good use, interacting with existing and potential new clients, building relationships and closing sales on a daily basis. You have the sales knowledge required to thrive in this field, so we are excited to welcome you. Our business makes a real difference in the world by providing medical equipment to local hospitals and smaller practices, so enter this fulfilling position to help the lives of everyone in your community.
- Contact current and prospective clients through phone calls and emails to explain products, including new developments, and create sales opportunities
- Respond to clients who contact our business, answering inquiries and providing information professionally and accurately
- Build new relationships and strengthen existing relationships to create lifelong business partners that will return for medical supplies for years to come
- Maintain working knowledge of all products we supply, being able to explain any aspect at a moment’s notice, and develop an understanding of new products quickly
- Recommend certain products to clients based on their specific needs and desires, putting the satisfaction of our customers above all else
- Utilize upselling techniques to increase the size of orders or encourage clients to try out newly developed medical products
- Monitor developments in the market or new technology in the medical equipment field to be prepared for market shifts
- Complete administrative duties after each sale, keeping track of products sold carefully
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent GED completion
- Two years minimum of working experience in customer service
- Bachelor degree in sales, communication or other related field
- One year working in sales
It is important that you realize the creation of a strong inside sales rep job description is only the first step towards finding a talented and capable professional. Your description does not do you any good unless it is seen. Instead of just settling to post your opening on your company’s website or through social media, advertise the opening on dedicated online job boards. Through this outlet, it is possible to expose the opening to as big an audience as possible, maximizing your chances of finding the employee who is right for the spot.
At MightyRecruiter, we are experts when it comes to hiring. Our free posting tools make it possible to put your job description up on hundreds of job boards simultaneously. Attract more talented professionals for your business by turning to MightyRecruiter so you can post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter