As you draft a job listing for a top-notch installation technician, your underlying aim should be to get potential candidates to prescreen themselves. Consider the most important aspects of the job and imagine the ideal candidate to deliver the highest level of performance in the role. Use that information to build a posting that reveals what the best-qualified applicant would bring to the table. Separately, represent your organization consistently and honestly, allowing your candidate pool to determine if they would mesh with your company culture before submitting resumes. To assist you in creating your own employment announcement, we have created an installation and service technician job description sample for your reference.
Installation and Service Technician Job Summary
You would be the friendly face of Ansible Internet Access, serving our customers by installing and servicing our proprietary quantum-entanglement interface devices to enable Ansible’s signature instantaneous Internet service. You would set up, optimize, and troubleshoot connected computers, networked entertainment devices, and communication systems. You would serve as a brand ambassador by providing answers and information about our products, services, and network to current and prospective customers.
Ansible Internet Access cares about creating a supportive environment for our employees. We’re proud to offer a superior benefits package:
• Competitive salaries
• Company-provided healthcare, including dental and vision
• 401K with matching company contribution
• Stock options
• Flexible Spending Account
• Four weeks paid vacation
• Career development programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
Installation and Service Technician Job Responsibilities
- Install, initialize, and connect quantum-based network terminals in homes and offices
- Set up routers and home networks to enable customer access to the Internet
- Service accounts by analyzing work orders, planning daily schedules, investigating complaints and performance problems, conducting tests, and resolving issues
- Establishes initial service by understanding system requirements, ordering and staging components, coordinating installation, and testing functionality and performance
- Promotes positive customer experience by promptly examining complaints and identifying solutions, suggesting improved methodologies, and recommending system enhancements
- Maintains assigned tools and equipment in good operating condition by following instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, maintaining supply levels, performing regular maintenance, and scheduling needed repairs
- Documents installation and service activities by completing forms, reports, logs, and records in paper form and through proprietary tracking software
- Keeps all customer information confidential
- Updates knowledge and skills by networking, reading industry publications, and regularly participating in company training and educational opportunities
- Supports operational and organizational missions by completing all tasks promptly and accurately.
Installation and Service Technician Skills and Qualifications
- Two to five years of experience installing and troubleshooting high-speed Internet access
- Experience as a lineman helpful
- Knowledge of techniques and standards for fiber-optic and Ethernet cabling
- High-school diploma required
- Some college preferred
- Self-starting multitasker who easily adapts to rapid change
- General electronics troubleshooting
- Information analysis
- History of sound judgment under deadline pressure
- Professional written and oral communicator
- Skilled at nurturing client relationships
- Equipment, part, and material maintenance
- Experience filling out and submitting detailed reports
- Committed to preserving client and business confidentiality
- Quality oriented
- Driven to achieve
Ansible Internet Access was born from a revolutionary idea: leveraging the unique properties of quantum mechanics to provide Internet access that rendered concepts such as speed and bandwidth meaningless. Our unparalleled performance and service have propelled us to the number two spot among national Internet-service providers. We’re already number one in speed and we’re poised to become number one in market share within the next year. Join Ansible Internet Access in providing superior service that’s so fast, it’s instantaneous.
Some Job Description Do’s and Don’ts
- Make use of these best practices to improve the quality of your listing:
- Do make your listing easier to read by employing bullet points to organize information.
- Do provide enough information about the position to help prospects prescreen themselves for suitability.
- Do convey a clear sense of the core values of your organization to help potential applicants determine if they would fit well within your company.
- Don’t try to drum up more interest by avoiding the less glamorous aspects of a job. The best candidates won’t be scared off by a forthright depiction of the work.
- Don’t fill your listing with keywords in an effort to improve its search engine optimization. Too many keywords can make content difficult to read and can even result in a lower ranking.
Installation and Service Technician Job Responsibilities
The daily and general responsibilities of a job should be clearly outlined in the listing for an open position. As you write an installation and service technician job description, try to provide prospective applicants with a sense of what their schedule will look like if they take the position. Describe no more than eight major and unique responsibilities of the role in a bulleted list.
There are several ways to make the job responsibilities section function as a tool for narrowing down the number of applications you receive. Address one duty or objective per line of this list and start every line with a strong action verb. This approach may increase the likelihood that applicants who have carefully read the installation and service technician job description will have a clear sense of what you will expect them to do should they get a job offer.
Reference the relevant installation and service technician job responsibilities below:
- Set up services for new customers by contacting ahead of time and going on site to connect and test equipment
- Run wiring and assemble and install devices, using construction equipment when necessary
- Test circuits and connections to ensure customer satisfaction
- Respond to and resolve inquiries regarding service quality or system requirements
Installation and Service Technician Job Specifications
A solid installation and service technician job description should also include a job qualifications and skills section listing the specifications a jobseeker should have to be a competitive applicant for the open position. If you are not absolutely certain about the required education, training or experience, talk to management or other skilled technicians. Try to determine what background is necessary and which skills are helpful but not imperative.
This portion of a job description can be even more helpful for reducing the number of underqualified candidates for an open position than the list of responsibilities. It is also likely to be shorter than that substantial section. This section should, however, be just as specific. Start with the qualifications that you are not willing to budge on and move on to broader abilities and skills that are simply preferred rather than required.
You should also use bullet points to organize this part of an installation and service technician job description. If there are optional qualifications that you would like to include, break up this list and put these below the major requirements.
You might want to list installation and service technician job specifications that resemble the following:
- Post-secondary certificate required; high school diploma or associate degree preferred
- Training or experience setting up similar services
- Solid customer service skills
- Basic electronic installation background, including the ability to lay and splice cables when necessary