Internists focus their medical practice on studying, diagnosing and treating conditions involving the internal organs. These specialists often see adult patients who have either been injured in accidents or suffer from ongoing conditions that require nonsurgical treatment. Internists apply specific knowledge in comprehensive evaluations and consult with physicians to solve diagnostic problems.
When writing an internist job description, mention how a good internist has an acute attention to detail. Internists have to communicate with their patients and compassionately help people. They must be able to listen carefully to each patient’s medical history and symptoms, explain what is going on and create a treatment plan.
You may also want to include in your internist job description how these medical professionals should have a passion for thoroughly evaluating patients and getting to the root of the problem. Internists are required to have an extensive knowledge of medicine beyond the traditional doctorate degree.
Internist Job Summary
Seeking an internist who holds to the highest standards of medical practice, professionalism and ethics. If you wish to be a part of an interdisciplinary health care team with a passion for helping people, you may be the perfect candidate for our facility. We are looking for a motivated, educated, licensed, detail-oriented and driven internist who has experience working with patients in a community health setting. Our clinic has advanced technology, and your ideas could help our practice soar to the next level in patient care. We offer an attractive sign-on bonus based upon your previous experience and abilities. Come and be a part of our growing health care team and make a difference in your community.
- Perform physical evaluations on adult patients who are seeking medical attention for injuries, illness or other medical concerns
- Order screening tests and other measures that aid in the diagnostic process, and review reports, labs, x-rays, EKGs and all other screening methods
- Customize a treatment plan unique to each patient’s symptoms and diagnosis
- Perform minor procedures, both surgical and non-surgical, as needed
- Prescribe medication as part of a treatment plan in accordance to federal and state laws, and perform drug and disease utilization reviews on a regular basis to ensure quality treatment of patients and to avoid any drug and/or therapy conflicts
- Attend regular meetings involving professionals who are a part of the health care team
- Follow protocol set by the directors of the health clinic, adhering to medical ethics and standards, and provide recommendations in updating protocol if needed
- Work at least 4 days a week, 10 hour shifts, plus occasional on-call responsibilities
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Doctoral degree with a specialty focus on internal medicine
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients and team members
- Ability to perform effectively and accurately in an often chaotic environment
- At least one year’s experience in a community health care setting
Once you have created a professional internist job description, you want to post it in the right places online to attract maximum exposure. Consider what type of professionals you are hiring and make sure that the description is posted in a place where qualified applicants will see it.
Job boards, for example, allow employers to post open positions across a wide range of industries. When it comes to broadly focused boards, companies can post all of their openings in one place. Niche job boards, on the other hand, allow postings focused on certain industries. MightyRecruiter allows you to post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter