IT specialists work within an organization to help people with computer, equipment or software issues. These professionals need to resolve the problem quickly and conduct regular maintenance of the company’s network to prevent issues in the first place.
Analytical skills are crucial to emphasize in your IT support specialist job description. IT professionals need to examine an issue carefully, which requires having an intricate knowledge of electronic systems already, and determine what the best course of action would be.
Customer service skills come in handy because IT workers need to be able to calmly and effectively work with people who are going to feel frustrated. Writing skills are beneficial because sometimes solutions to problems need to be conveyed over email or text. The IT support specialist job description template below is available for you to consult to see what else to include in your listing.
IT Support Specialist Job Summary
Do you love working with computers and want to put those talents to good use for a Fortune 500 company? We are in need of a new specialist within our IT department who is capable of answering any questions at a moment’s notice and go out to the site of the problem to see what is going wrong. If offered a position, you will be working with a supportive, friendly team who will always have your back. While a certain amount of experience is expected with candidates, this is a fantastic opportunity to hone your skillset and grow as a professional. Apply today to see how far you can go.
- Oversee the performance of the organization’s computer systems daily, and take note of any discrepancies or changes
- Respond to people’s questions regarding a problem with a specific computer, program or piece of equipment
- Run tests on a computer or piece of software before giving it back to the individual, and recommend anything that can be done to prevent the issue in the future
- Install new electronic equipment as it is acquired by the company, which is typically done at least once a year
- Maintain records of all troubleshooting jobs completed, and input data into online storage so that it can be recalled when a similar issue comes up in the future
- Develop training guides to be distributed to employees that outline how a specific program is to be used
- Update company’s security system regularly, and pinpoint any potential breaches that could take place
- Terminate inefficient software and recommend better programs for the company to use when asked
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in computer science
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Previous experience working in an IT department
Engaging high-quality candidates should only be the beginning for writing your IT support specialist job description. Next, you want to be 100 percent certain those candidates will be able to find your job listing at all.
Since you will be looking for IT specialists, you can be reasonably certain those professionals are familiar with online services. You can still implement a strategy that incorporates print media, but the internet is becoming the way of the future when it comes to making new hires. Host the description on your company’s website and look into what job boards you can post to. MightyRecruiter gives hiring managers the ability to post to hundreds of these job boards at the same time, so get your free job postings today.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter