Working as a recruiter or hiring manager for a company, you are tasked with bringing in the right people to fill open positions. By writing a great job description, you can eliminate the hours you spend looking through the applications of hundreds of unqualified candidates just to find someone who fulfills the basic requirements of the job. To give you an idea of what a great job description looks like, check out the Java Architect job description sample below.
Java Architect Job Summary
It is the job of the Java architect to help the company to achieve its long-term goals. You will do this by upgrading, defining and integrating a complete architecture that will support applications that run using Java.
Java Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Crafts and carries out action plans, contributes information for plans and reviews, solves problems, improves systems and discovers trends to meet the goals of e-commerce information architecture
- Speaks with executives and studies company purpose and goals in order to understand the required information
- Assists further in meeting financial goals of information architecture by analyzing variances, coming up with budgets, predicting requirements, performing corrections and scheduling expenditures
- Identifies necessary infrastructure for computer systems to be designed and integrated by coming up with requirements for information, determining the tools, technology and architecture needed for the platform, examining needs of user-interface and business operations, and overseeing physical database development
- Examines new technologies for potential application to operational requirements and company mission
- Develops models and performs validation tests to ensure architecture is flexible and capable of supporting widely available web applications
- Keeps job knowledge current by taking part in any workshops, professional organizations or other educational opportunities, networking and reading publications in the industry
- Strengthens company reputation by claiming responsibility for completing any new requests and crafting ways to increase the value of these accomplishments
Java Architect Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of software architecture
- Web programming abilities
- Software design
- Design and implementation of networks
- Project management
- Ability to present technical information
Interconnect is a social networking company that has been the foremost name in the industry since its introduction in 2004. Our mission is to provide our users with the smoothest and most intuitive social networking website out there. Our purpose is to provide a quick and easy way to stay connected with the people, places and events that matter the most to you.
Best Practices for Writing a Job Description
- Even though the Java Architect job description sample presented above is a great model for the position, there will be other jobs that you have to fill as a recruiter that will not have a model ready to reference. When that happens, there are a few essential practices that, if followed, will result in a great job description every time.
- Do demonstrate the company’s culture. As a potential candidate reads through your job description, he or she should be given a basic idea regarding the attitude and philosophy of the company. In doing this, you bypass a large portion of the people who aren’t good fits while directly appealing to those who are.
- Do use specific language. Your job is to find the right person for the job, not to get a huge number of people to apply for an open position. Be particular about what knowledge and tasks the job requires, and you’ll be conducting far fewer interviews before you find a great candidate.
- Don’t present information in text blocks. While this may seem like a great way to save space, this ultimately makes the writing appear cluttered and difficult for applicants to parse out critical information. Use bullet points instead to avoid this confusion and subtly present your company as one that values organization.
- Don’t use too many keywords. Incorporating language that is specific to the job opening at hand is a great way to ensure that the right people find your job description. However, dropping in obvious keywords in every sentence quickly becomes tiresome for readers who just want basic information.
Our Java Architect job description sample is a solid point of reference for your own job description writing going forward. Keep the above writing principles in mind as you read through your content, and the best available talent for the job will be sending their information to you in no time.
Java Architect Job Responsibilities
One of the easiest mistakes to make when you are creating a Java architect job description is thinking that the responsibilities section should be a long list of every possible task related to the position. In fact, you should curate the information to focus on the most integral aspects of the job: those that determine whether the employee, the mission and the company succeed. If you aren’t supposed to make a laundry list of daily duties, what should you include in the responsibilities section of your Java architect job description? Create 6-8 bullet points that describe important decisions and actions along with the intended goals of those actions. You may want to discuss meaningful interactions with team members and managers, contributions to the company’s overarching mission or deliverables for client-facing projects.
You can use these sample Java architect job responsibilities to start writing your own
- Collaborate with data scientists, clients, managers and information architects to determine system requirements, deliverables and project milestones
- Participate during the design and develop phases by providing feedback to colleagues and clients, answering questions and collecting suggestions for modifications and updates
- Design efficient code that meets project requirements for functionality, scalability and optimization
- Complete quality assurance procedures on new code through development, testing and implementation to ensure exceptional deliverables for client satisfaction
Java Architect Job Specifications
Though the meat of your Java architect job description is in the responsibilities section, the job qualifications and skills section is no less important. This isn’t just a list of minimum education and experience requirements; rather, it’s a highly accurate device to help jobseekers understand how they stack up against the expectations you have for the position. A well-written job qualifications section should not only describe the abilities and expertise the position requires but also indicate the level of importance the company places on each skill.
When you are building your list of qualifications, make sure you understand which ones are most vital to the managers and team members who will work with the new Java architect. Start your list with the most important skills and continue in order of descending priority. You may even want to place skills into “required” and “preferred” categories so jobseekers understand the areas you value most. Creating a clear, prioritized list of qualifications gives your Java architect job description the best chance of attracting suitable candidates.
Here are some Java architect job specifications you may want to include in your list:
● At least seven years of Java development experience● Expert Java and SQL coding skills● In-depth knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and software design principles● Able to work with minimal supervision● Exceptional organization and time management to meet aggressive timelines