Working as a recruiter or hiring manager for a company, you are tasked with bringing in the right people to fill open positions. By writing a great job description, you can eliminate the hours you spend looking through the applications of hundreds of unqualified candidates just to find someone who fulfills the basic requirements of the job. To give you an idea of what a great job description looks like, check out the Java Architect job description sample below.
Java Architect Job Summary
It is the job of the Java architect to help the company to achieve its long-term goals. You will do this by upgrading, defining and integrating a complete architecture that will support applications that run using Java.
Java Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Crafts and carries out action plans, contributes information for plans and reviews, solves problems, improves systems and discovers trends to meet the goals of e-commerce information architecture
- Speaks with executives and studies company purpose and goals in order to understand the required information
- Assists further in meeting financial goals of information architecture by analyzing variances, coming up with budgets, predicting requirements, performing corrections and scheduling expenditures
- Identifies necessary infrastructure for computer systems to be designed and integrated by coming up with requirements for information, determining the tools, technology and architecture needed for the platform, examining needs of user-interface and business operations, and overseeing physical database development
- Examines new technologies for potential application to operational requirements and company mission
- Develops models and performs validation tests to ensure architecture is flexible and capable of supporting widely available web applications
- Keeps job knowledge current by taking part in any workshops, professional organizations or other educational opportunities, networking and reading publications in the industry
- Strengthens company reputation by claiming responsibility for completing any new requests and crafting ways to increase the value of these accomplishments
Java Architect Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of software architecture
- Web programming abilities
- Software design
- Design and implementation of networks
- Project management
- Ability to present technical information
Interconnect is a social networking company that has been the foremost name in the industry since its introduction in 2004. Our mission is to provide our users with the smoothest and most intuitive social networking website out there. Our purpose is to provide a quick and easy way to stay connected with the people, places and events that matter the most to you.
What to Include in Your Java Architect Job Description
How thorough do you need to be when writing a Java Architect job description? Will applicants want to know about salaries up front? What is the best concentration of job-specific keywords that will encourage top talent to get in touch with you? What are the fundamentally necessary qualifications to work effectively in the open position? Consider the following advice regarding the content of your job description.
• Title and Summary – When people search for jobs as a Java architect, the job title is the first thing they see. Therefore, use direct and intuitive language that conveys the level of responsibility (such as junior, senior or lead) of the position while also hinting at the culture and organization of your company. In the summary, write one to three brief sentences that give a solid idea of a few of the main responsibilities as well as the position’s importance to the overall functionality of the company.
• Main Responsibilities – After mentioning a few of these in the summary, follow up with a section that spells out five to ten of the major tasks that the applicant will be expected to perform on a regular basis, leading each one with an action verb. Additionally, to help applicants picture the structure of a typical day on the job, give rough percentages showing how much time they can expect to spend on each task.
• Qualifications – You should begin this section of the job description by talking about the basic qualifications that an applicant needs in order to effectively perform the tasks listed in the responsibilities section. Follow this up with some separate preferred qualifications that you believe will make it easier for candidates to hit the ground running.
• Company Profile – This is the section that many jobseekers use to determine whether or not they feel that they would be a good fit for your company. For this reason, you need this section to be an accurate depiction of the company’s mission and culture in a way that is welcoming rather than boastful.
• SEO – You want your job description to have high visibility on the big search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. Therefore, the content of the job description should contain many keywords that are relevant to the technical aspects of a Java architect job such as your company’s software and operating systems.
If you keep the language of your job description concise and relevant to the open position, it should be easy for the top people in the candidate pool to see why your company is a great fit for them.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing Your Java Architect Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
Upon finishing your job description, read it over again with the following principles in mind to ensure it’s the best it can be.
• Don’t overstuff the writing with SEO keywords for the profession, as it can make the writing seem cluttered and confusing.
• Do be brief. Candidates only want information relevant to them, such as salary and job location.
• Do bring up any special skills involved in the position, preferably in the job title.
• Don’t make it all about the company and how lucky a candidate would be to work for it. Be respectful of the labor they are offering.
• Do make the application process intuitive. Candidates shouldn’t be confused about how to get in touch with you.
If you can make the process of asking questions and applying for the open position an easy one, that transparency will bring the best talent in the industry to you.
Best Practices for Writing a Job Description
- Even though the Java Architect job description sample presented above is a great model for the position, there will be other jobs that you have to fill as a recruiter that will not have a model ready to reference. When that happens, there are a few essential practices that, if followed, will result in a great job description every time.
- Do demonstrate the company’s culture. As a potential candidate reads through your job description, he or she should be given a basic idea regarding the attitude and philosophy of the company. In doing this, you bypass a large portion of the people who aren’t good fits while directly appealing to those who are.
- Do use specific language. Your job is to find the right person for the job, not to get a huge number of people to apply for an open position. Be particular about what knowledge and tasks the job requires, and you’ll be conducting far fewer interviews before you find a great candidate.
- Don’t present information in text blocks. While this may seem like a great way to save space, this ultimately makes the writing appear cluttered and difficult for applicants to parse out critical information. Use bullet points instead to avoid this confusion and subtly present your company as one that values organization.
- Don’t use too many keywords. Incorporating language that is specific to the job opening at hand is a great way to ensure that the right people find your job description. However, dropping in obvious keywords in every sentence quickly becomes tiresome for readers who just want basic information.
Our Java Architect job description sample is a solid point of reference for your own job description writing going forward. Keep the above writing principles in mind as you read through your content, and the best available talent for the job will be sending their information to you in no time.